Kahr quality & reliability - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr quality & reliability

I purchased a Kahr p45 for my wife. There was nothing but problems with it for us. I sent it back to their gunsmith via my gun shop and they did some work on it. I have not really tested it out thoroughly since we got it back. But in my opinion I wouldnt purchase another firearm from them.

And I agree about the break-in period. Its mandatory.
    -Austin

Kahr CW9

I have a G23 (40) and love it but I needed something lighter and smaller. The CW9 was less than some other Kahrs and I really like it. 200 rds for break-in and not one problem. I carry IWB and OWB and IWB is comfortable with an UMikes felt w/clip (which I also used for my Glock after cutting a bit off the top). I got a DeSantis leather OWB 15deg fwd cant belt holster and really like that too. I would've got a CW40 but figured the recoil might be a bit more than I wanted to tolerate in a lighter frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    No doubt Glock makes a fine pistol (my next handgun purchase may well be one) but they aren't magical or anything.
    The merits of Glock pistols have been proven beyond all doubt. The reason I choose the Kahr over the Glock for concealed carry comes down to thickness. To ME, thickness and weight are the two criteria most important to "carry-ability."
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I purchased a Kahr p45 for my wife. There was nothing but problems with it for us. I sent it back to their gunsmith via my gun shop and they did some work on it. I have not really tested it out thoroughly since we got it back. But in my opinion I wouldnt purchase another firearm from them.

And I agree about the break-in period. Its mandatory.
    That is my experience also. I had a CW45 and a P9. They were both nothing but problems and Kahr "customer Service" told me that I could send them back for repair, but I would have to pay for shipping. Spending another $60 on a $400 gun was not my Idea of service. They said my problem with my CW45 was a known problem, but I still would need to pay for shipping. Needless to say, I no longer own any Kahr guns.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Go with a Glock instead.
    There's a suprise!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12