FBI NICS denied my pistol - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI NICS denied my pistol

Just another reason to love the South. LOL I'm in Kentucky, got a wild hair the other day and went and bought a new pistol. And being that I'm a CCDW holder, no call in required!
    .45 Cause they don't make a 46!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockdude View Post
    so wait, u need permission to buy a pistol in ny?
    You don't need permission, you only needd to register the gun on your permit. That takes about five business days.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    NJ WAS THE SAME WAY!Don't know if it still is since I left there in 1987. You could not have hollow points either. Plus a bb pistol was considered a pistol and had to get a permit to purchase that just like any other handgun!
    NJ still won't allows hollowpoints. In NYS you can have hollowpoints. And you can carry concealed in a bar, restaurant, church, park, town or county building, on public transportation, in banks, etc. The only place you can't carry by state law is on school grounds or in the city of New York. The permit is valid for life and never needs to be renewed.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    NJ still won't allows hollowpoints. In NYS you can have hollowpoints. And you can carry concealed in a bar, restaurant, church, park, town or county building, on public transportation, in banks, etc. The only place you can't carry by state law is on school grounds or in the city of New York. The permit is valid for life and never needs to be renewed.
    In upstate NY, you can NOT CC in a bar, county building, school, bank etc.....

Exclamation Lawyer

Just spoke with the lawyer and he is shocked and said this should have never have happened. 10 years ago I had a charge of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree (Misdemeanor). The whole law process knew that (FBI included) when I applied for the NYS pistol permit. In NYS you cannot own a firearm if you have that conviction, unless overturned by the issuing judge. Along with my Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, the Judge issued me the permit. The FBI made a mistake in the filing of papers and this is why I have to go through all this crap

Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    In upstate NY, you can NOT CC in a bar, county building, school, bank etc.....
    I teach the NYS Penal Law. There is nothing in state penal law prohibiting the carry of a gun in a bar, bank or county building but the law does prohibit carrying on school property without written permission. A county may try the limitation, as a policy, of the carrying of a gun on county property but this has been overturned in the ninth judicial district (west coast - CA) and is not enforceable in NYS as a gun crime under Article 265 of the penal law. Thus it would be a violation level charge. Such a charge would be dismissed in the interest of justice as the federal courts have already overturned the county's assertion of this right.

But I am curious what county you're writing about and where I might some info on it. I'm interested in seeing what they're up to.

Thanks,
    BC
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    Just spoke with the lawyer and he is shocked and said this should have never have happened. 10 years ago I had a charge of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree (Misdemeanor). The whole law process knew that (FBI included) when I applied for the NYS pistol permit. In NYS you cannot own a firearm if you have that conviction, unless overturned by the issuing judge. Along with my Certificate of Relief from Disabilities, the Judge issued me the permit. The FBI made a mistake in the filing of papers and this is why I have to go through all this crap
    Yes, the certificate of relief is your ticket back in. Good luck, hope you get this straightened out soon.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Of course this also eliminates the option for NC Sheriff's to deny the permits to black people, because as black people they don't need guns.
    Yup, NC's got some backwards ass places.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I teach the NYS Penal Law. There is nothing in state penal law prohibiting the carry of a gun in a bar, bank or county building but the law does prohibit carrying on school property without written permission. A county may try the limitation, as a policy, of the carrying of a gun on county property but this has been overturned in the ninth judicial district (west coast - CA) and is not enforceable in NYS as a gun crime under Article 265 of the penal law. Thus it would be a violation level charge. Such a charge would be dismissed in the interest of justice as the federal courts have already overturned the county's assertion of this right.

But I am curious what county you're writing about and where I might some info on it. I'm interested in seeing what they're up to.

Thanks,
    BC
    Broome County

11. Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    Broome County
    Where did you get your information that concealed carry was prohibited in bars and banks?

The prohibition in county buildings is Broome County Code 106-4

106-4. Conduct upon buildings and grounds; permits; prohibitions.

E. Weapons and explosives.

(1) No person except duly authorized employees of the County of Broome or law enforcement officers shall use, carry or possess any firearm within buildings and grounds.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast