FBI NICS denied my pistol - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: FBI NICS denied my pistol

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Yup, NC's got some backwards ass places.
    I'd also like to see Alabama go to a shall-issue system of carry permits to eliminate the option there as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm X
    Never be so blinded by patriotism that you fail to see the truth, wrong is wrong. No matter who says it, or who does it.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Troll alert. Fabricated nonsense being posted.

    This particular troll pollutes this board with about 150 inane posts a month, virtually all expressing phony concern and alarm about the same non-issue.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    Broome County
    Yes, I see the code. It's not a criminal act (misdemeanor or felony) it's a code violation. Probably subject to a fine. Similar to littering. Can you tell me if Broome county regularly denies unrestricted carry permits without cause?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  5. #24
    handgonnetoter Guest
    I was in a sporting goods store one day, about two years ago and a FWPD, in uniform mind you, was buying a Ruger 10/22 for his son's 16th birthday and he got denied by NICS! I was standing there talking to him when he got denied. He was like "what the hell, I'm a cop for crying out loud"! The guy was appologetic, but told him he had to wait 10 days and if nothing was heard back from NICS, then he could come and pick up his son's rifle. I could not believe that one!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yes, I see the code. It's not a criminal act (misdemeanor or felony) it's a code violation. Probably subject to a fine. Similar to littering. Can you tell me if Broome county regularly denies unrestricted carry permits without cause?
    Must have cause, very tough here........

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In North Carolina, also, one must obtain the county sheriff's permission in order to purchase a handgun either via a dealer or privately. Bet you can't guess the "roots" of that law...
    If you hold a NC concealed carry permit, you re exempt from that requirement. Your CC permit serves as a permit to purchase a handgun.

  8. I just found out about the NC purchase permit requirement the other day. Luckily, having a carry permit is an alternative. But, yes, they need to get rid of this Jim Crow law.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I was in a sporting goods store one day, about two years ago and a FWPD, in uniform mind you, was buying a Ruger 10/22 for his son's 16th birthday and he got denied by NICS! I was standing there talking to him when he got denied. He was like "what the hell, I'm a cop for crying out loud"! The guy was appologetic, but told him he had to wait 10 days and if nothing was heard back from NICS, then he could come and pick up his son's rifle. I could not believe that one!
    A couple things wrong here. First, he could not have been denied, because a denial is a final decision until an appeal is submitted by the prospective recipient of the firearm and the appeal is approved by NICS. Second, it must have been a delay instead of a denial, and in the case of a NICS delay the FFL may transfer the firearm to the recipient after 3 working days, not 10, if they do not receive any further instructions from NICS.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In North Carolina, also, one must obtain the county sheriff's permission in order to purchase a handgun either via a dealer or privately. Bet you can't guess the "roots" of that law...
    If you hold a NC concealed carry permit, you re exempt from that requirement. Your CC permit serves as a permit to purchase a handgun.
    And who issues the NC Concealed Carry Permit? The county sheriff....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And who issues the NC Concealed Carry Permit? The county sheriff....
    That's correct. But NC is a "shall-issue" state. The sheriff is obligated to issue the carry permit, unless the applicant is disqualified for one a specific list reasons (felony conviction, recent DUI conviction, protective order issued, etc.) The sheriff really has very little discretion regarding denial of carry permits.

    And since my county (Wilson) just elected a black sheriff, I doubt that there will be any racial discrimination in the issuance of carry permits.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast