FBI NICS denied my pistol - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI NICS denied my pistol

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Yes, the certificate of relief is your ticket back in. Good luck, hope you get this straightened out soon.
    I looked this up and the law states the following for type A and type B Certificates of Relief from Disabilities (I have B):

"Restores the "full right" to possess all types of firearms in New York State and therefore also restores the right to possess firearms and ammunition under federal law to the individual"

Letter

Received a letter Friday from the FBI NICS and I will get their decision in 142 days, yes 142 days. Being that they just needed my cert paper, it should be much sooner, but who knows. I will be approved, thats the good news......

Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    Received a letter Friday from the FBI NICS and I will get their decision in 142 days, yes 142 days. Being that they just needed my cert paper, it should be much sooner, but who knows. I will be approved, thats the good news......
    142 days ! That is nearly forever!!! And then getting "their" decision doesn't really mean you will be approved either... I do not know whether I should be happy with that letter which you clearly misinterpreted or ... pray for you that you get your approval soon if it will indeed be an approval. I guess I will just opt for the latter.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    142 days ! That is nearly forever!!! And then getting "their" decision doesn't really mean you will be approved either... I do not know whether I should be happy with that letter which you clearly misinterpreted or ... pray for you that you get your approval soon if it will indeed be an approval. I guess I will just opt for the latter.
    They (FBI NICS) did not have my cert of release on file. I spoke with them personally about the matter. That is what is needed to be removed off the restricted list.

When you get your cert. make lots of copies. This will haunt you forever.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    When you get your cert. make lots of copies. This will haunt you forever.
    I have the original in the safe along with several other copies, one of which was received by the NICS last week. The FBI NICS had changed their policy with NY with regards to records and they were lost/not filed correctly. I had to be that one :(( Wish I could turn back the hands of time, but you can't. Life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by vettehigh View Post
    That's just downright wrong of them. 142 days seems like punishment.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In North Carolina, also, one must obtain the county sheriff's permission in order to purchase a handgun either via a dealer or privately. Bet you can't guess the "roots" of that law...
    North Carolina has been looking to get away from that particular law. The argument being that with a NICS check, the permit to purchace is redundant. Of course this also eliminates the option for NC Sheriff's to deny the permits to black people, because as black people they don't need guns.
    Are u saying u agree that blacks don't need guns?

Quote Originally Posted by yella615 View Post
    Are u saying u agree that blacks don't need guns?
    How do you get that out of the previous statement? I'ts obviously sarcasm, hence the pissed off face!

11. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    How do you get that out of the previous statement? I'ts obviously sarcasm, hence the pissed off face!
    Yeah, and I'm not really sure why he'd be worried anyway. He's obviously yella, not black.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast