FBI NICS denied my pistol
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI NICS denied my pistol

Angry FBI NICS denied my pistol

Received my NY permit 3 months ago and today I go to pick up my XD and boom, my FFL calls the NCIS right in front of me and they deny. What the hell. Turns out, the FBI did not have my cert of release on file. It was their fault, but I have to correct their mistake. Had to go and get another set of prints and copy of my release and mail it to them. They will get back to me by the end of next week. The bad, it takes 120 days to get the final answer from them, they will approve. I own a gun, but I can not possess it, how the hell that happened. The FFL was to check the NCIS 1st, but never did till after I bought it and filed with the permit office. Can't make this up. UNREAL what you have to go through sometimes.

3. Hate to be this way but it could be due to buying an XD LOL. To bad ya have to live in NY.
    I don't necessarily mean everything I say, I just do it to see the [email protected]@K on your face - HueMan 1998

so wait, u need permission to buy a pistol in ny?

Quote Originally Posted by Glockdude View Post
    so wait, u need permission to buy a pistol in ny?
    Yep. Thanks to "Big Tim" Sullivan. He was a corrupt politician who started the NY permit system. The criminals that worked for him started complaining that their intended victims were arming themselves and shooting at them. "Big Tim" enacted the permit system in 1911 (how ironic!) in order to be able to deny the ordinary citizen the ability to defend themselves against the criminals that worked for him and paid him off.

In North Carolina, also, one must obtain the county sheriff's permission in order to purchase a handgun either via a dealer or privately. Bet you can't guess the "roots" of that law...
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

wow i guess i take something that simple for granted. the other day i had a notion to buy an ak, so i just went and got it. cant imagine having to wait for a permit or whatever, thats nuts

NJ WAS THE SAME WAY!Don't know if it still is since I left there in 1987. You could not have hollow points either. Plus a bb pistol was considered a pistol and had to get a permit to purchase that just like any other handgun!

Why did you need a "cert of release"?

pmb61, I moved out of NJ two and a half years ago. It's just as bad, or worse today. And NJ being "may issue" is a joke. It's a "won't issue" state (unless, of course, you do things the NJ way and pay off).

The gun climate in Alabama is, to say the least, different.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Why did you need a "cert of release"?
    I had a misdemeanor 9 years ago. They knew that, but did not file the papers correctly

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In North Carolina, also, one must obtain the county sheriff's permission in order to purchase a handgun either via a dealer or privately. Bet you can't guess the "roots" of that law...
    North Carolina has been looking to get away from that particular law. The argument being that with a NICS check, the permit to purchace is redundant. Of course this also eliminates the option for NC Sheriff's to deny the permits to black people, because as black people they don't need guns.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast