Three BG's Bursting In...Thoughts? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three BG's Bursting In...Thoughts?

1. I agree with the consensus opinion. That situation was NOT the place to pull a gun out. Two is pushing it without good angles of attack, their putting themselves in awkward or compromising positions and surprise. Three is way beyond the limits of most shooters I've been around. You'd have to be pinpoint accurate, lucky AND extremely fast. If a gun had come out, it probably would have been a blood bath.

Now, if they'd started killing folks for whatever reason, it goes from a self defense situation to a situation where I know I'm about to die and I'm gonna try to take as many with me as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    I agree with the consensus opinion. That situation was NOT the place to pull a gun out. Two is pushing it without good angles of attack, their putting themselves in awkward or compromising positions and surprise. Three is way beyond the limits of most shooters I've been around. You'd have to be pinpoint accurate, lucky AND extremely fast. If a gun had come out, it probably would have been a blood bath.

Now, if they'd started killing folks for whatever reason, it goes from a self defense situation to a situation where I know I'm about to die and I'm gonna try to take as many with me as possible.

Exactly!! If I'm gonna go down I'm gonna be found with a hot and empty gun.

It is very hard to go against three shooters but if you are going to die anyway--what do you have to lose. You may get "lucky" and only be wounded. Plan your moves and since you have been practicing "point shooting" you can move and fire accurately. If you have neglected this very important drill then get started. Then with the other hand and then from different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    I agree with the consensus opinion. That situation was NOT the place to pull a gun out. Two is pushing it without good angles of attack, their putting themselves in awkward or compromising positions and surprise. Three is way beyond the limits of most shooters I've been around. You'd have to be pinpoint accurate, lucky AND extremely fast. If a gun had come out, it probably would have been a blood bath.

Amen, brother!

It's ALL in the appreciation of the tactical situation.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12