Michigan May Allow Taser Carry For Citizens This Summer Bill 4013

Thread: Michigan May Allow Taser Carry For Citizens This Summer Bill 4013

Post Michigan May Allow Taser Carry For Citizens This Summer Bill 4013

Just read recently on this new Bill (4013) reintroduced in the House and Senate here in Michigan would allow normal citizens to carry tasers instead of Guns if they so choose. In my opinion its a good idea to have the option to carry a less than lethal weapon. Theres Pros and Cons to this method of carry, but it would fall under the CPL, and of course normal training and certifications would be needed as I have understood so far.
    Michigan would join the 43 other states that would allow this method of carry, and in my line of work [Armed Security] its peace of mind to have less than lethal methods aside from a bludgeon object [ASP baton] and Mace which we all know doesnt work on everyone, and you still have to do the risky manual type of restraint personally.
    Tasers have many pros over a firearm, any normal person knows this and despite the low number of taser related deaths, only totaling 290 throughout Canada and the US.

Ive read many stories, and the same issue seems to keep the Public on edge, when CCWs were allowed for citizens to carry guns, many people thought it would be the OK corral and shoot outs would happen everywhere, and that simply did not happen, now people assume that being allowed to carry a taser, people will tase each other for stupid reasons like being cut in line at the Grocery store.
    With the number of Police Officers in our state being cut like nobodys business, I think its a great Idea, especially being Private Police Companies [Armed Security] is on the Rise throughout Private housing areas such as Apartment and Trailer complex's. Surprisingly the MSP and other Law Enforcement officials are on board with this bill, saying people have the option now to just disable someone instead of out right kill them.

My question is, are tasers allowed in your state? If so, do you carry one? What kind of certifications did you have to complete to carry an X-26? How often do you carry it?

Im personally excited for this, as Ive said, I would love a less lethal weapon that is a little more than Mace and an ASP that dont always work, and doesnt have the repercussion as a take away like an ASP, and a little more effective than Mace, for my line of work anyways.

Anyhow, Id love feed back
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

3. I wasn't aware that Tasers WEREN'T legal anywhere. Are regular stun guns illegal in Michigan too?

I like my gun. I like that when or if i have to pull the trigger bullets come out of it. I like the thought that a would be attacker/assailant will have a permanent reminder of his/her poor decision. I understand the legal consequences both just and unjust of having to defend life limb and property with my gun. And I'm ok with that - Matt 7:2. I like knowing that should trouble come knocking on my door, it is likely to go down and not get back up - Job 4:8.

Mabye it is a dumb question on my part and mabye not the place to ask but my question do tasers work on bears? I know there is bear spray but is it the same as for lack of a better word, 'people spray'? But I think it is a good thing to be able to have another option available short of lethal force in dealing with poeple.

No trying to bash your state here but what the heck? Do you need to get a permit for a Taser there, what's next, permit for Pepperspray or maybe a pointy stick?

I dunno, people seem to think theyre worse than guns I guess. When ever something of self defense pops up in my state people assume the worse. Yes, youll need a permit, just a basic Concealed Pistol License will do as far as I have read. Its ridicules, but looking at the national average, only 209 peole have ever been killed with these weapons which if you consider how often theyre used, thats not many at all, less lethal methods are always best in my opinion, IF its safe to do so, if not, then you always have the ability to take a life.
    How many of you own one, and carry one on a daily basis?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    No trying to bash your state here but what the heck? Do you need to get a permit for a Taser there, what's next, permit for Pepperspray or maybe a pointy stick?
    That would be like NYC, where you can't own MACE! Some concerned group of citizens petitioned the city council to change the law, but the NYC PD opposed the action because they are a bunch of crybabies.

9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That would be like NYC, where you can't own MACE!
    Actual Mace has been outlawed federally for many years. If you're talking about simple pepper spray, that's a different story and completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    Actual Mace has been outlawed federally for many years. If you're talking about simple pepper spray, that's a different story and completely ridiculous.
    Please site the regulation. Teargas type weapons are readily available in most states.

11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Please site the regulation. Teargas type weapons are readily available in most states.
    I don't know the regulation and I'm not talking about teargas. Original Mace wasn't teargas. It was a poisonous mixture of chemicals that caused actual damage to the eyes. That's why it was outlawed.