Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

I usually carry concealed in Seattle. It is nice being able to choose. In sumer if i go for a walk i O/C just for the fact that a 1911 is a little tough to fully conceal and get to if needed. Winter no problem with a coat or a shoulder holster. I use common sense when i do O/C. Just to bad we have come to fear in this country over seeing legal gun owners with guns.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

What makes no sense to me is people see cops with guns all the time. Yet they see a legal gun owner with a gun and they immediately think they are criminals. Criminals do not O/C and their concealment is usually stuffed in their pants. Lot of minds need to be desensitized in this state and city. Also no one freaks out if someone has a large pocket knife on their side. Just need to cut out all the crap and just botom line the whole thing.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I prefer to avoid drawing attention, so I am much more comfortable with CC. The option for OC is handy should my shirt ride up and expose my piece. It is a matter of personal preference. While OC is legal in WA State I would not want to carry openly when we go to Seattle. OTOH, no problem with OC of 6" N-Frame in a cop holster in the rural areas East of the Cascades or far South of the Megalopolis.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Would you please post where you have read of such incidents? I've been waiting for years now to read of these accounts for myself.
    Just search on the number of police officers who have been killed with their own gun during a struggle.

Would you personally walk the ghetto or inner city with an exposed gun or would you rather have the advantage of surprise and stealth? Have you spent much time in one of these places? At night? I can't take the time to hunt down news reports but I'm sure if you search around you'll find plenty of cases where a persons gun has been taken away and used against them.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

FYI I have walked at night in the bad areas of Seattle open carrying. Belltown ring a bell? Central dist. and Rainier valley. All done at night and during the day. Have concealed carried through the same as well. No problems. I do both and choose when to and when not to. It is the same right. It is up to the individual. If they feel comfortable then it is their decision. Most in my neighborhood know i am armed so it makes no difference. Side note, because they know this so do the criminals and the crime rate has dropped. My 2 cents worth.

With respect that you are a NRA instructor I am surprised that you do not validate O/C which is covered under the 2nd Amendment as well. Seems to be stating one way is better than the other sounds the way liberals think. Not saying that you are one of them. Just we need to accept the whole 2nd amendment and the way individuals choose to exercise that right. That is freedom and that is what the Constitution is all about.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Just search on the number of police officers who have been killed with their own gun during a struggle.

Would you personally walk the ghetto or inner city with an exposed gun or would you rather have the advantage of surprise and stealth? Have you spent much time in one of these places? At night? I can't take the time to hunt down news reports but I'm sure if you search around you'll find plenty of cases where a persons gun has been taken away and used against them.

So, there's no reports of Joe Citizen open carrying in normal, everyday life and, to quote, "perps attacked as a swarm to get the gun" has actually happened. Didn't think so. Nice try, though.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post

Nice fake try..... Now why dont you ACTUALLY ANSWER THE QUESTION?

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    With respect that you are a NRA instructor I am surprised that you do not validate O/C which is covered under the 2nd Amendment as well. Seems to be stating one way is better than the other sounds the way liberals think. Not saying that you are one of them. Just we need to accept the whole 2nd amendment and the way individuals choose to exercise that right. That is freedom and that is what the Constitution is all about.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    What makes no sense to me is people see cops with guns all the time. Yet they see a legal gun owner with a gun and they immediately think they are criminals. Criminals do not O/C and their concealment is usually stuffed in their pants. Lot of minds need to be desensitized in this state and city. Also no one freaks out if someone has a large pocket knife on their side. Just need to cut out all the crap and just botom line the whole thing.
    In Arizona people can now carry concealed even without a permit,as long as they are of course, not a felon. Open carry has been legal for many years and practiced by many, most people here don't think twice when they see someone open carrying. Another great advantage is that all of the police in Arizona are well informed of the law and instructed not to harass or question anyone for OC, the way it should be everywhere.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast