Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    So, there's no reports of Joe Citizen open carrying in normal, everyday life and, to quote, "perps attacked as a swarm to get the gun" has actually happened. Didn't think so. Nice try, though.
    Are you asking me if a licensed handgun owner has ever had his gun taken away by a perp and used against him? Are you actually saying this has never happened? It's happened numeous times throughout history. Thousands of times. It's not even arguable. Hell, it happened in my own city in 2007. They grabbed it and ran... from under his shirt. The kid who stole it (already convicted and released for murder at 21 years old) was shot killed by a police officer several days later as he shot at the cop with that same gun. It made news everywhere because the perp was shot in the head. The inner-city damn near rioted, blaming the cop.

I just don't want to hunt down the stories.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

3. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I just don't want to hunt down the stories.
    Translation: "I got nothing."

I'll even get you started:

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

Now, prove to me he was robbed for his gun. Prove to me he would not have been robbed if they didn't see his gun. And where is the "swarm" of perps?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    With respect that you are a NRA instructor I am surprised that you do not validate O/C which is covered under the 2nd Amendment as well. Seems to be stating one way is better than the other sounds the way liberals think. Not saying that you are one of them. Just we need to accept the whole 2nd amendment and the way individuals choose to exercise that right. That is freedom and that is what the Constitution is all about.
    Re-read my post. I respect your right to carry any way you please... no second amendment or anti-gun statements were made. I do validate O/C, I just don't think it's wise from a tactical perspective in certain areas or situation. If a perp sees your defense strategy he changes his offensive strategy to overcome.

I stated:

While agree with you on this issue it is my own personal opinion that concealed carry makes you more safe. When teaching civilian tactical or personal protection classes we teach the "SSS" of winning the fight. They are "Stealth, Surprise and Skill." There are plenty of places where open carry is wonderful but some I wouldn't recommend are inner city urban areas and ghetto areas. Of course this is just my opnion and I would support anyone's desire to cary in any manner legal under the law.

If you want to advertise your defense strategy I don't care, but my training has been to use stealth and surprise as tactical tools in a fight. And that's what I teach in my PP curriculum.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Translation: "I got nothing."

I'll even get you started:

Man Legally Carrying Gun Robbed at Gunpoint | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

Now, prove to me he was robbed for his gun. Prove to me he would not have been robbed if they didn't see his gun. And where is the "swarm" of perps?
    Translation: I have no time to prove every point to every one who doesn't agree.

Thanks form the pointer. I read the story. Aren't we agreeing that this can occur? Didn't the knowledge of his defense strategy allow the perp to change his offensive tactic? ll the perp needed to do was take the gun but he was too stupid.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123