Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

Concealed vs Open Carry Open Carry vs Concealed Carry

One of the things I appreciate about this site and the people here is the fact that it makes no difference if you open or conceal carry. Seems in this country there is this huge divide in most sites that demonize one or the other.

It is all the same right and that is what counts. One is not better than the other. They are the same. One over the other does not make you a better person or more secure. The bottom line is that we exercise this right.

Constitutional carry is a great idea and is catching on. Hope it continues. Just wanted to say thank you to all here who exercise this right they way YOU wish to.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    It is all the same right and that is what counts. One is not better than the other. They are the same. One over the other does not make you a better person or more secure. The bottom line is that we exercise this right.

Constitutional carry is a great idea and is catching on. Hope it continues. Just wanted to say thank you to all here who exercise this right they way YOU wish to.
    I absoultely agree with you on this one. The only real difference between open carry and concealed carry is that one guy tucks his shirt in behind the gun and the other guy wears his shirt over his gun.

One of the things I appreciate about this site and the people here is the fact that it makes no difference if you open or conceal carry. Seems in this country there is this huge divide in most sites that demonize one or the other.
    I have to disagree on this, though. While you won't find many against concealed carry, you will find some pretty strong opposition to open carry on this forum.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I am always open to hearing the pro's and con's on any subject. It deals with perspective and there in lyes the differences.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I am always open to hearing the pro's and con's on any subject. It deals with perspective and there in lyes the differences.
    Go here: http://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-...93-why-oc.html

It's a recent discussion on the topic. Being so recent it's probably why you're not getting many responses to this thread.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

As long as Man is Man, there will always be a group of people who see themselves as a higher(or elite) class over their fellow man. Open carry or Concealed carry, with in both groups you have a select few who seem themselves as better then the rest in their chosen group. The number one thing to ask yourself is "When push comes to shove can you take a human life?" If the answer is no or maybe, then you should think about the reason for carrying that firearm. Outside of using your firearm the most important thing to think about is what will happen after you use it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

While agree with you on this issue it is my own personal opinion that concealed carry makes you more safe. When teaching civilian tactical or personal protection classes we teach the "SSS" of winning the fight. They are "Stealth, Surprise and Skill." The goblin doesn't know I have it, when it comes out he's caught behind the reactionary curve and then your skill and training takes over with a controlled pair to upper COM.

I view it this way; if I'm going to take you down, Krav Maga style, I wouldn't announce that I'll first fold our knee back, cross check your throat with an elbow and then deliver a hammer strike to the back of the neck. As my dad always said... I'll take age and treachery over youth and balls anyday. Decorated WWII U.S. Naval Officer... God rest his soul - :-)

There are plenty of places where open carry is wonderful but some I wouldn't recommend are inner city urban areas and ghetto areas. In places like Newburgh, NY (where there is one murder per month in a 2X2 mile city), you risk a stealth attack from eight or ten 15-year-old gang-bangers who hit from nowhere on all sides. Just too many to handle. Their only goal is to get that coveted gun. Since we can't open carry in NYS it hasn't happened but I have read about incidents where perps attacked as a swarm to get the gun.

Of course this is just my opnion and I would support anyone's desire to cary in any manner legal under the law.

BC Out.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Since we can't open carry in NYS it hasn't happened but I have read about incidents where perps attacked as a swarm to get the gun.

Of course this is just my opnion and I would support anyone's desire to cary in any manner legal under the law.

BC Out.
    Would you please post where you have read of such incidents? I've been waiting for years now to read of these accounts for myself.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Most of the time I conceal carry but I have open carried ocasionally. There are many arguements on both sides as to which is better. Looking at this forum I think that just about every body has made their case. Personally I am glad to see ANYBODY open carry if they want even though I usually do not open carry. The way I see it is the 2nd amendment doesnt differentiate between open and concealed. By the way later today I am going hunting varmits at a friends ranch. In addition to my rifle I open carry a 38 special loaded with snake-shot in case I also run across a rattlesnake. And hello NavyLT.

I am like you. Plus i didn't know this was discussed before. Just saying. I just wanted to show my appreciation here for the site and the people that contribute. If we start segregating the 2nd Amendment we will end up with political parties just as we have now.

For me if I'm hunting I have no problem with open carry, after all it's obvious that I'm armed. That being said if I'm out on the street, why draw attention if it's not necessary. I prefer not to be the center of attention.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast