Three year old girl shoots herself - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three year old girl shoots herself

I was wondering when this story would receive a thread/remark. I still have another take and a question that I guess the authorities will answer. How can a 3 year old first of all even pick up what I perceive to be a full semi 45--maybe even a 1911--and manage to not only point it at herself (I guess curiosity was for her to look in the barrel) and then have enough strength to overcome trigger pull in order to shoot herself? As far as parents are concerned--gun out in open and easily accessible by a 3 year old, fully loaded, obviously no safety on, AND one in the chamber---hang the cretins.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew14559 View Post
    It always amazes me that some people just don't understand sarcasm. My statement was that some people are just plain stupid. Call them irresponsible, untrained, ignorant, or unaware it all boils down to stupidity on an epic scale. Those people will have to live with what happened to their daughter for the rest of their lives with or without a possible prison sentence like someone mentioned earlier.
    PS
    I don't want bar-codes or kill switches but a mute button would be great at times, wives have a tendency to nag lol. Sarcasm again fyi....lol
    While your comment may have been aimed at sarcasm. There has been real talk(by people who are not joking) about trying to pass just the kind of law you had been joking about.

As for the mute button, I hear the 2012 model will have just that as well as cup holders and drink cooler LOL j/k.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why should someone be stripped of all rights for being stupid? What would someone have to do in your mind to be stripped of the right to vote?
    Convicted felons are barred from voting in NYS.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I was wondering when this story would receive a thread/remark. I still have another take and a question that I guess the authorities will answer. How can a 3 year old first of all even pick up what I perceive to be a full semi 45--maybe even a 1911--and manage to not only point it at herself (I guess curiosity was for her to look in the barrel) and then have enough strength to overcome trigger pull in order to shoot herself? As far as parents are concerned--gun out in open and easily accessible by a 3 year old, fully loaded, obviously no safety on, AND one in the chamber---hang the cretins.
    I have no problem with her being able to do it with the safety off. We have assumed that it was a 1911 but I think they just said a .45 which could have been a Glock or some other .45 without a safety. I would be interested to know that along with what the heck were her parents thinking or should I say not thinking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12