Three year old girl shoots herself
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three year old girl shoots herself

Three year old girl shoots herself

I am posting this in the General Firearms Discussion so hopefully many will read it and tak notice. Yes it was dumb and what was he/she thinking but it happened. A very sad day.

Girl, 3, kills herself with pistol | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

Summerville -- Three-year-old India Grant just finished going to the bathroom with her mother's help Friday morning when she crossed through her parents' master bedroom and saw the family's loaded handgun sitting unsecured on a windowsill.

Dorchester County Coroner Chris Nisbet said India's mother was still in the bathroom closet when the child handled the .45-caliber firearm and looked into the barrel.

The gun fired.

Dorchester County sheriff's deputies rushed to the home of Corey and Amaris Grant about 10:45 a.m. and found the little girl lying dead in the bedroom from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Negligent manslaughter charges, at the very least.

Right there we see one of the "problems" with the 2nd Ammendment. Some people are so freekin' stupid, they don't deserve any "rights" at all. [edit: Including the "right" to vote!]

But, just like crazy drivers, it is one of the little vissitudes of life that one has to put up with in order to have "equal rights" the same as everyone else. You have to take the bad with the good so the good do not get punished for the idiocy of the bad.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Indict the parent. Enough of this behavior.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

Right there we see one of the "problems" with the 2nd Ammendment. Some people are so freekin' stupid, they don't deserve any "rights" at all. [edit: Including the "right" to vote!]

But, just like crazy drivers, it is one of the little vissitudes of life that one has to put up with in order to have "equal rights" the same as everyone else. You have to take the bad with the good so the good do not get punished for the idiocy of the bad.

GG
    The problem isn't really with the second amendment it lies with the fact that some people are seriously too stupid and irresponsible to handle any responsibility at all. Where are the child protective groups demanding the need for proper instruction or the need for licensing to have children. Lets see how the liberals would like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post

GG
    Why should someone be stripped of all rights for being stupid? What would someone have to do in your mind to be stripped of the right to vote?

Are you saying that someone who is born with a lower IQ then most should have no rights? Just for the simple fact that they are slower then most?

They really screwed the pooch and now have to live with the fact that their careless recklessness killed their child. They will also have to live with any and all criminal charges that will follow.

Yeah it's a persons right to leave their firearm/firearms out in the open(cocked and locked.) But they should be responsible enough to place the firearm in a safe, or out of the reach of little hands.

My firearms are on my body or locked in the safe, my kids know they never touch a firearm. But at the same time they know that firearms are not something evil that should be feared.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

How about taking a gun safety class before buying a gun. I took a hunters education class and learned a few things about gun safety. Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew14559 View Post
    The problem isn't really with the second amendment it lies with the fact that some people are seriously too stupid and irresponsible to handle any responsibility at all. Where are the child protective groups demanding the need for proper instruction or the need for licensing to have children. Lets see how the liberals would like that idea.
    Yeah, great idea! Don't forget the identification bar codes on that back of peoples heads and kill switches implanted in the brain at birth.

The government already has way to much say in the way we raise our children!

DCYF style agency's are all ready to quick to discipline parents over the way they raise their kids. In this day and age if you so much as wipe your child's nose to rough you find yourself reported to DCYF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepperez View Post
    How about taking a gun safety class before buying a gun. I took a hunters education class and learned a few things about gun safety. Not a bad idea.
    Would this law cover everyone? Or just law abiding citizens and give LEO and military and big wigs a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Yeah, great idea! Don't forget the identification bar codes on that back of peoples heads and kill switches implanted in the brain at birth.

The government already has way to much say in the way we raise our children!

DCYF style agency's are all ready to quick to discipline parents over the way they raise their kids. In this day and age if you so much as wipe your child's nose to rough you find yourself reported to DCYF.
    It always amazes me that some people just don't understand sarcasm. My statement was that some people are just plain stupid. Call them irresponsible, untrained, ignorant, or unaware it all boils down to stupidity on an epic scale. Those people will have to live with what happened to their daughter for the rest of their lives with or without a possible prison sentence like someone mentioned earlier.
    PS
    I don't want bar-codes or kill switches but a mute button would be great at times, wives have a tendency to nag lol. Sarcasm again fyi....lol

Having a low IQ does not necessarily translate to being stupid. I know couple of ladies that have IQ's below 60 that have more common sense than a lot of people aroung them with much higher IQ's. One of them called her brother up and told him if he didn't get his dogs out of her yard she was going to shoot them. She added and you can't do a thing to me for it because I just hear on TV that the Supreme Court said you couldn't. She was absolutely correct as the SCOTUS had just ruled that those with a low IQ couldn't be held accountable and she knew it but has enough sense to know what not to do. I can't say that about a lot of "smart" people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast