Patience and Prayer pay off - Men, please read this thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patience and Prayer pay off - Men, please read this thread

Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    Well, we know who wears the pants- I have not a clue why your praying, she should be praying that your intentions are to protect her against some other idiot holding a weapon to her head- Now we know why misogamy is on the rise!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I WOULD NOT PURCHASE KLAUSSNER FURNITURE"
    To me this is a VERY RUDE comment. I would not go to your thread and say something like this. I also tried to PM you and you replied very rudely to that. Moderators: Please delete this persons reply from my thread. I am personally offended by such a rude/awful person.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    Well, we know who wears the pants- I have not a clue why your praying, she should be praying that your intentions are to protect her against some other idiot holding a weapon to her head- Now we know why misogamy is on the rise!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I WOULD NOT PURCHASE KLAUSSNER FURNITURE"
    Don't drink and post. Seriously.

(See what I did there? I gave the poster the benefit of the doubt that he/she is drunk and not seriously this stupid).

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    To me this is a VERY RUDE comment. I would not go to your thread and say something like this. I also tried to PM you and you replied very rudely to that. Moderators: Please delete this persons reply from my thread. I am personally offended by such a rude/awful person.
    I agree with you, and note the comment I made earlier this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by solopr View Post
    I thing you did it the right way, I still don't know how to approach this to my wife, not that she never have shot a gun before, but that she did have a bad experience when she was a child and saw her father doing something in front of the family that wasn't suppose happen at all, She was 13years old when it happen.... What advise can i get and situation like this.. Thank You
    Patience, matey...patience....lots of it...and oh, like Daven said, prayers do help too...sometimes.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

6. I feel your story, my wife did not want a gun in the house, little kids and all. One night we had a break in, it changed things for us. My kids have all been instructed how to act with and around weapons of ANY type. The wife is not so much involved but yet we agree that having a weapon in the house is a good choice, the what if thought. Now if the funds were there I would own 4 or 5. She has even asked to handle them, at least to understand the nuts and bolts of a new one. Again, you are right, peace in the house is always a must with understanding, safety and training. Anyone that makes a comment againt this story or state 'who wears the pants' must not understand the sensitive part of any relationship. Working together to make things work and to give and take.
    Only if our govoernment would work this way.
    By the way I am a proud husband and father of 20 years, grandfather, strong gun owner and trainer and current Active Duty Military for 20 plus years. I will not go down without a fight for those around me, nor should you.
    Strike First, always!!!!

Spear-99

My wife was and is absolutely not into firearms. However, over the years (27 so far) of marriage she has encouraged me to follow my likes and hobbies as I have hers. I agree, mutual support is what makes a marriage go, at least mine. Respect? Oh yes, nothing good happens without that. Hats off to the OP on this one.

Oh, I'm not too bright, what does not buying Klaussner furniture have to do with anything? Or is this just a professional troll out looking for trouble?
    MR

[QUOTE=G50AE;200086]The title of this thread says, "Men, please read this thread." So why did you stop to read it?[/QUOTE

I didn't it hear it say anything, but I realized as I read it, that is was written from a bible thumping wuss- I said nothing that was a personal insult to you or your master and you in turn question my masculinity- Well, here I am and your welcome to challenge my gender at your earliest convenience, if your master will give you permission-
    The extent of most lower class posters, is they judge my comment by my pseudonym- I did my thesis in college on bigotry and was afforded that name by my classmates- If the posters were to read there condescending replies, it would substantiate where the BIGOTRY is being stated- It falls in the same category as DISCRIMINATION, even to the treats from administration- If you don't appreciate what my comment states (says) don't besmirch me for your indiscretions- It's probably in your bible somewhere~
    My Blessings,
    Praise Allah~

Quote Originally Posted by Mosbyranger View Post
    My wife was and is absolutely not into firearms. However, over the years (27 so far) of marriage she has encouraged me to follow my likes and hobbies as I have hers. I agree, mutual support is what makes a marriage go, at least mine. Respect? Oh yes, nothing good happens without that. Hats off to the OP on this one.
    Oh, I'm not too bright, what does not buying Klaussner furniture have to do with anything? Or is this just a professional troll out looking for trouble?
    MR
    I agree whole heartedly with your thread and your compatibility with your wife of 27yrs- Congratulations!!!!! However, as with lower class, not so bright posters,you have to belittle or besmirch someone because of your ignorance-
    I am not a professional troll looking for trouble, I am informing the more intelligent public to take heed in my statement-This troll is posting what is referred to as a credo, I better do it in bigger letters for you, CREDO- It informs people to do some research in this particular product because there may be issues, and there are- So as you prefer to throw stones, I prefer in someway to assist the public from harm-
    Turn on a light,
    Praise Allah~

thanks for this inspiration. my wife is also terrified of guns. when i was a police officer, we had a similar policy about the safe. after 20 years of marriage, she finally let me purchase my own glock. she still refuses to even look at it. i hope one day she will let me teach her to shoot since i find both shooting and teaching to be my favorite hobbies

While your type of relationship wouldnt work for me, I am glad she can appreciate the experience with a firearm and that you both are enjoying the experience. My spouse wasnt wild about firearms either and still isnt. She has and does things I am not to thrilled with either but she enjoys them. It's all good.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast