Patience and Prayer pay off - Men, please read this thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Patience and Prayer pay off - Men, please read this thread

  1. I was fortunate for the wife I have, I have been married for 21 years and my wife has been onboard with my crazy love for guns. I am trying to teach her to shoot herself, she doesn't have the confidence as much as my daughter. She turns 21 next year and she is chomping at the bit to get her conceal and carry permit. The new pink guns has got her more interested and we are looking at maybe a .38 revolver something simple to get familiar with, then on to bigger and better guns. Well glad it's working out for you stay safe.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Good for you. Great story of respect for your wife. Nice to see how she came around. Your respect and understanding was the key.
    Just one question. She hasn't asked if your life insurance is paid up has she?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Louis County, MO
    Posts
    3,445
    Quote Originally Posted by sargedog View Post
    I was fortunate for the wife I have, I have been married for 21 years and my wife has been onboard with my crazy love for guns. I am trying to teach her to shoot herself, she doesn't have the confidence as much as my daughter. She turns 21 next year and she is chomping at the bit to get her conceal and carry permit. The new pink guns has got her more interested and we are looking at maybe a .38 revolver something simple to get familiar with, then on to bigger and better guns. Well glad it's working out for you stay safe.
    #1 look at what I have on bold up there in your post. I nearly fell off my chair reading that part...

    As for easy CC permit, try Florida via mail. We had our youngest son got his when he visited last Christmas and he got it before he went back to military school. He is graduating this coming Saturday, thank Mr. Big Boy above. Oh the pride and joy of being able to have a CC can be so overwhelming for those young 'uns...unforgettable.

    Cheers...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

  5. Guess I should have had a little more sleep before posting on a gun forum. OOPS!

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    I agree whole heartedly with your thread and your compatibility with your wife of 27yrs- Congratulations!!!!! However, as with lower class, not so bright posters,you have to belittle or besmirch someone because of your ignorance-
    I am not a professional troll looking for trouble, I am informing the more intelligent public to take heed in my statement-This troll is posting what is referred to as a credo, I better do it in bigger letters for you, CREDO- It informs people to do some research in this particular product because there may be issues, and there are- So as you prefer to throw stones, I prefer in someway to assist the public from harm-
    Turn on a light,
    Praise Allah~
    I was wrong - you really are that stupid. Cocaine is a he!! of a drug.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    I posted this story over at DefensiveCarry.com. It was intended to be short, but ended up long. Thanks for reading.

    Patience and Prayer Pay Off. Men- read this story please
    Ok, so here's my story, I will try to keep it short.

    I've loved guns for my whole life. I shot my first gun at age 6. I've been married for 16 years. Shortly after my wedding, I told my wife I wanted a gun. My wife told me "My old boyfriend once hold a gun point-blank to my forehead and I am terrified of guns, I don't want any in the house". I let it go for a while, then asked her if I got a gun and kept it in a small safe while at home was it ok, she said yes, but even if I came home I had to put it in the safe before giving her a kiss or doing anything else. We agreed. I carried my Sig for about 5 years then.

    I stopped carrying when my MS progressed. Then about a year ago I got interested again. I asked her the same question, we had since sold my little 1"x1" safe in a move. She said the same thing. I then asked if I could please try to teach her that gun's aren't bad, people can be. She walked out of the room, I took that as "not now".

    8 months ago Constitutional Carry passed in AZ. I REALLY got the fever then. Through discussion, my prayers and knowing my marriage and wife were ultimately more important than guns, I helped her understand them. She still wouldn't touch one or even want me to show one to her. I got a Beautiful Pro Carry II for Christmas and she asked that I keep it on the top shelf of the closet when I'm home. I did. It's WAY better than the old days. I don't have to run to the safe when I get home, I can take my time, I can now even keep it on the bedside table. I also have a 1962 six shooter from my dad. That I keep on the shelf int he coset. Fast forward to last weekend (been busy this week to post this) and we go to the grand opening of my range/LGS's new location opening and she is looking at the guns, and see's little girls as young as 10 signing up to shoot balloons int he range. I sign up to shoot and she says "can I go in with you"? YES!!!!!! I go in, load my 6" .38 revolver my dad gave me a few weeks ago. she looks at it with eyes wide open. Then it happened...

    "Do you think I can shoot it"? WOW, WHAT A CHANGE! I said sure, I took the time to teach her the rules. I then helped her learn to hold it, then she shot. Quite well actually, she shot an evil gun 18 times. I am SO proud of her.

    The moral of the story is I had patience with her. I took the time, I prayed about it. I taught her that her boyfriend instilled a fear in her that was un-teachable.

    On the other hand, this could end up biting me in the behind. today she said "when can we go back to the range? can I shoot your .45 next"? I feel confident that I will be buying her her own little pink .38 or .380 by Christmas.

    Please respect your wives men. Never pull the macho "I'm the mad of the house" crap. it's not the 1950's. Respect and faith pay off in the end.

    P.S. I now want an AR-15, she still thinks those are "scary looking". Next hurdle in view.
    Great news that she is "seeing the light" on guns. IMO you could not have handled this better. My wife has been around guns her whole life but hasn't shot them much. We were going to the range occasionally but then we had a baby which kind of put that on pause. She has said a few times though that she wants to get a babysitter so we can go shooting some.

    Respect is the key.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    Well, we know who wears the pants- I have not a clue why your praying, she should be praying that your intentions are to protect her against some other idiot holding a weapon to her head- Now we know why misogamy is on the rise!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "I WOULD NOT PURCHASE KLAUSSNER FURNITURE"
    You got a awful big mouth for a newby on the board, because of people like you is why my wife quit the board, she don't have a thick skin, ..............I like to see you say stuff like that standing in front of somebody rather than in front of your computor

  9. #28
    Congrats to you and your wife Daven.

    Yes sir, patience is one of the virtues we men all need to work on.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGOTIST View Post
    I agree whole heartedly with your thread and your compatibility with your wife of 27yrs- Congratulations!!!!! However, as with lower class, not so bright posters,you have to belittle or besmirch someone because of your ignorance-
    I am not a professional troll looking for trouble, I am informing the more intelligent public to take heed in my statement-This troll is posting what is referred to as a credo, I better do it in bigger letters for you, CREDO- It informs people to do some research in this particular product because there may be issues, and there are- So as you prefer to throw stones, I prefer in someway to assist the public from harm-
    Turn on a light,
    Praise Allah~
    You sir are definatly a TROLL, with nothing better to do than stir stuff up, and what is this praise Allah stuff, why don't you stuff your creedo up your Allah, and go waste somebody else's time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast