favorite 9mm - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite 9mm

I'm rather fond of the Beretta 9000 s, 12 round mags, good concealability. Cocked and locked disenguages the trigger altogether, so carry with one in the tube not too scary. Safety is ambi (Good, I'm a southpaw) and resounds with a good solid "click" when disenguaged/enguaged. Accurate, and (surprisingly enough) around the same size as my Ruger sp 101 as far as handle to muzzle distance. Only draw back.... it is a hard mother to rack.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I really liked the Beretta 92FS enough to buy it. I love my M&P45 and 40c and like the 9mm version my friend owns...

Gotta vote for the Beretta 92...
    I have the 92FS Inox Like the way the maga are interchangeable with the CX4Storm. Feels a bit big in my hand though. Very accurate quality gun. Guess the 5" barrel helps with accuracy. Can't say anything negative about my G17 though. My first gun. Thank you "Billary". Trying to decide between FNX9 or HK p30 in 9mm
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

I'm torn between the Glock 17 and Glock 19, I carry both.

5. favorite 9mm

Sig p239

6. For normal carry needs (concealment; weight; etc) I prefer pistol with 3-3 1/2" bbl so I generally go with CZ2075 RAMI and/or Taurus PT111. However my Star BM (almost identical to Colt 1911 Officers) and Star Ultrastar are favorites. Anytime I feel like carrying a longer bbl I go with my CZ75 Compat or CZ75BD.

7. Quote Originally Posted by 50calkiller View Post
    Hey everybody give me opinions about the Ruger LC9.
    It's a copy of Kel-Tec's PF-9 only it's larger and has better fit and finish. The Kel-tec lacks an external or magazine safety, the ruger has both. Also, the Ruger is ~$75-100 more expensive.

Either my CZ75 P-01 14+1 with CTL grips (decocked) or my CZ75B Walnut-grip Stainless with an 18+1 SP-O1 mag (half-cocked).
    "There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People."

Depends on mood...

Non-plastic = Colt New Agent- shoots great, trench sites make it E-A-S-Y to IWB carry

Plastic = Walther P99- light weight, shoots great, good enough for Bond (heh heh)

Both have smaller-than-many grips that fit my smaller-than-many hand size
    "Father, forgive us for what we must do... You forgive us, and we'll forgive you... We'll forgive each other til we both turn blue, then we'll whistle and go fishin' in heaven..." JP

Quote Originally Posted by Mamonie View Post
    Plastic = Walther P99- light weight, shoots great, good enough for Bond (heh heh)
    I have always liked the Walther P99, and all the various clones. When it came out it had two features that the Glock design did not which I liked and were later added to the G4 Glock design. The ambidexterous magazine release and interchangable backstrap pannels were features that I felt were missing from the Glock design at the time. It's just like when the H&K USP came out, everyone wanted to copy the accesory rail concept, including Glock.

With that said, are you planning on getting a BMW as well?

11. Quote Originally Posted by pocketdrummer View Post
    It's a copy of Kel-Tec's PF-9 only it's larger and has better fit and finish. The Kel-tec lacks an external or magazine safety, the ruger has both. Also, the Ruger is ~$75-100 more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have always liked the Walther P99, and all the various clones. When it came out it had two features that the Glock design did not which I liked and were later added to the G4 Glock design. The ambidexterous magazine release and interchangable backstrap pannels were features that I felt were missing from the Glock design at the time. It's just like when the H&K USP came out, everyone wanted to copy the accesory rail concept, including Glock.

With that said, are you planning on getting a BMW as well?
    I have a Glock 17 and a Kel-Tec PF9. I absolutely love the Kel-Tec for concealed carry, since it's very easy to deep conceal. I use a CrossBreed Mini-Tuck (horsehide) and I usually forget the gun is there. :)

On the Glock 17, I originally wanted the 19 but figured I wouldn't be carrying it so opted for the full size 17. I attach a Streamlight TLR-2 for fun at the range, and to help me iron out glitches in my shooting.

I love both, particularly since they use the same 9MM ammo. So it's cheaper to shoot (50 rounds of range ammo for about $10)...and effective for self defence (Hornady Critical Defense).

I'm safe at home (Glock 17) and out of the home (Kel-Tec PF9). Comfortable shooting both...althouth the former is MUCH easier to shoot than the later. :)

Don

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast