favorite 9mm - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: favorite 9mm

Browning HiPower if I have to chose a nine, carry is 45.

3. Quote Originally Posted by mkuisi8mo View Post
    +100 in any compact or full-size variant!!!
    I know when the "wonder 9" revolution was sweeping the country the cz was still in limited supply, grey market from Canada and such but that time is long gone. I can't believe they are not more popular, they are fantastic pistols.

4. Hk usp

I love my M&P9c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Steyr S9. My EDC since 2004.

Post #60: Close to 40 years of carry and I still labor under that misapprehension (apparently) that different calibers are better suited to different people. It must be nice to know what everyone needs...or, at least, to think you do.

Different calibers for different people may not be the case, but different guns sure seems to be. I find my S9 or a 1911 pretty easy to shoot well, but the Beretta 92 and its variations require a lot of effort and concentration to hit what I aim at. Also, some guns work for some people, and not for others. I couldn't get through a magazine with a friend's Glock - works perfectly for him. A lady friend has a Sig 226 that has never malf'd for her, but wouldn't get through a magazine for me or her Insights instructor. Just goes to show that it is a good idea to put a couple of hundred rounds thru any auto before you trust it to carry.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

7. Quote Originally Posted by revjen45 View Post
    Steyr S9. My EDC since 2004.

Post #60: Close to 40 years of carry and I still labor under that misapprehension (apparently) that different calibers are better suited to different people. It must be nice to know what everyone needs...or, at least, to think you do.

Different calibers for different people may not be the case, but different guns sure seems to be. I find my S9 or a 1911 pretty easy to shoot well, but the Beretta 92 and its variations require a lot of effort and concentration to hit what I aim at. Also, some guns work for some people, and not for others. I couldn't get through a magazine with a friend's Glock - works perfectly for him. A lady friend has a Sig 226 that has never malf'd for her, but wouldn't get through a magazine for me or her Insights instructor. Just goes to show that it is a good idea to put a couple of hundred rounds thru any auto before you trust it to carry.

Interesting. I too am a good shot with any of my 1911's, and I too can't get through a magazine with a Glock and I can't hit the broadside of a barn with one. As for my Beretta 92's, I'm a deadeye shot with those as well as my Px4 40. I guess the key is that the best gun for a person is the one you're most comfortable with and can shoot well.

My favorite is the Browning Hi-Power. There is just something about the feel of that grip.

The other day at the range a friend rented a Beretta PX4 and let me try it. I thought the barrel lift would be excessive, the barrel looking so high above my grip. It must have been the rotating barrel system reducing the felt recoil that made it such an easy shooter. It also was a very accurate pistol, errrr...which 9mm was I saying is my favorite?

9. Quote Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
    Not as many Glock lovers as I thought there would be!
    I have a Glock. It's ok and accessories are abundant. I want a S&W M&P though.

10. Three way tie: Glock 19, HK USP, and Glock 26.

I apologize if these are repeats. I love my CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom, and a close second goes to my dad's Sig P226.
    "Nemo me impune lacessit"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast