favorite 9mm - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: favorite 9mm

If I were asked this question 5 to 10 years ago I would have said there is no good 9 mm, but because of the popularity of this caliber the ammunition has become more lethal. The 9 mm has taken a bad rap for a long time, including my own, but today with the proper ammunition and Shot Placement I have several 9 mm firearms. The only problem I have with the 9 mm or .357 mag is the bullet is so fast that if using for self defense that it may travel farther injuring or killing an innocent bystander.

As far as favorite, I could not really say as long as I can hit what I'm aiming at, so if the 9 mm feels comfortable in your hands then is must be a favorite
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

9mm

I have a gen 4 glock 19 and a Rueger P89. Love both shoot awesome.

4. My favorite is any of the CZ'S like the CZ75BD

5. Thumbs up I like it

I like the LC9 for the light weight, small size, and concealability. I dislike the low capacity magazine. Instead of a magazine finger extension, I think an 8 round magazine would be better. I hope Ruger or another manufacturer will make a magazine that holds 10 rounds for spare carry. If I need to reload, it would be better to have more rounds. Spare higher capacity magazines are easier to conceal than the pistol. The LC9 is a new weapon and I expect a manufacturer will see this market shortly. Since I carry a 9mm Glock 19 as a primary weapon, having a BUG in 9mm instead of .380 might prevent an accidental mixing of ammunition causing a jammed primary weapon.

Whether the Ruger LC9 becomes a common defense weapon, time will tell.

H&k p2000

Springfield Armory EMP
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

My favorie 9mm is my sig P225 followed by my XD

9. CZ75BD for me, Rock solid piece,great acuracy, easy to clean just all around tuff to beat

OK I know I will probably get flack for this but I don't care. To qualify my answer know this, I am 58 years old and have been shooting since I was 16, I have shot everything you can think of in every cal out there. I've shot $1500 guns and I have shot cheap crap guns. And some of the cheap crap guns were not cheap in price.
    My favorite gun that I carry every day is a Bersa Thunder 9mm UC. I have fired thousands of rounds through this gun. And in all that I have not had one failure to feed, failure to fire or failure to eject EVER. It is the most reliable piece of machinery I have ever owned.
    PS the thunder 45 UC is Just as reliable.
    Bought them both used at the local gun shop for less than $300

Quote Originally Posted by volkstrm View Post
    My favorite is any of the CZ'S like the CZ75BD
    +100

CZ's rule! Love 'em all!
    My fave EDC is a stainless CZ75B...uber reliable & more accurate then my ole eyes.

I only trade it out, on occasion for a CZ75 P-01 with a CTL grip,
    or when in Kali (they don't like the18rd SP-01 mags & such),
    or the back-country, for my S&W 4" 686+ (mainly for the bears, cats & 2-legged rabid chuckleheads).
    "There's a reason you separate the Military and the Police. One fights the enemy of the State and the other serves and protects the People. When the Military becomes both, then the enemies of the State tend to become the People."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast