What's happening to our rights in this country???!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's happening to our rights in this country???!!!

We've become a lazy society headed for a fall. We're rapping while other countries are sending their kids to military training. We're out of touch. I recently talked to a teen who thought Wisconsin was another country.

"This week 216,000 kids across America coordinated through a school program the singing of 'We Want To Play.' Meanwhile 1 million Chinese kids were doing math." (Seth Myers, Satuerday Night Live)
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    We've become a lazy society headed for a fall. We're rapping while other countries are sending their kids to military training. We're out of touch. I recently talked to a teen who thought Wisconsin was another country.

"This week 216,000 kids across America coordinated through a school program the singing of 'We Want To Play.' Meanwhile 1 million Chinese kids were doing math." (Seth Myers, Satuerday Night Live)
    We have met the enemy, and we are it.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

The recent Supreme Court ruling, whereby police can forcibly enter your home if they discern you are destroying evidence, or can smell pot (one of the rulings alluded to by the OP), passed 8 to 1. The one opposed vote was from Justice Ruth Ginsberg, a decidedly liberal justice. "In a lone dissent, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she feared the ruling in a Kentucky case will give police an easy way to ignore the 4th Amendment" (Chicago Tribune). I mention this not to start a liberal vs. conservative war, but to point out that the erosion of our rights cannot be divided into such a simple dichotomy. Lambasting either political pole is to fall prey to a divide and conquer tactic. Think outside the box, question all sides, and see where our power as citizens is really going. When right and left square off nothing is accomplished, our labors are wasted, and someone else profits while we watch the dog and pony show.
    "The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." Henry David Thoreau

Ask this guy about his rights...

Marine Survives Two Tours in Iraq, SWAT Kills Him - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

Sad....

How about this guy's rights...

Philly Police Harass, Threaten to Shoot Man Legally Carrying Gun - Stossel's Take Blog - FOXBusiness.com

The progressive liberals have done "wonders" for America...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Change View Post
    The recent Supreme Court ruling, whereby police can forcibly enter your home if they discern you are destroying evidence, or can smell pot (one of the rulings alluded to by the OP), passed 8 to 1. The one opposed vote was from Justice Ruth Ginsberg, a decidedly liberal justice. "In a lone dissent, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said she feared the ruling in a Kentucky case will give police an easy way to ignore the 4th Amendment" (Chicago Tribune). I mention this not to start a liberal vs. conservative war, but to point out that the erosion of our rights cannot be divided into such a simple dichotomy. Lambasting either political pole is to fall prey to a divide and conquer tactic. Think outside the box, question all sides, and see where our power as citizens is really going. When right and left square off nothing is accomplished, our labors are wasted, and someone else profits while we watch the dog and pony show.
    Is she concerned with the the rest of the amendments or just the ones that are warm and cuddly and may have a direct effect on the quality of her life?

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Bottom line........ if the sheep are willing to let this go on, I really don't believe the "Patriots"/Freedom Lovers of this once great Nation are going to be able to do much about it. Alltogether too many "government dependents" exist who want nothing more than security and comfort rather than freedom.

Now, all it will take is a few Police/DEA LEOs to get shot by a "surprised" homeowner and the hue and cry will be on to ban guns for home defence...... again.

I still am completely convinced that I have lived my life during the best that this Country could offer. I don't see it getting anything but sorrier in the future.

So, despite the worst that our Government (such as it is) can throw at us..... I, for one, am not going to have to live with the unenviable results. It will be YOUR problem to solve.

GG

P.S. We are entering the era of the Borg Continuum: Resistance is futile! At least we will all finally be "equal"..... equally oppressed. (Except the "Vlasti", of course.)
    I couldn't agree with you more, except for one thing. That being that you won't have to live with the results. It's both later & sooner than you think.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Is she concerned with the the rest of the amendments or just the ones that are warm and cuddly and may have a direct effect on the quality of her life?
    Unfortunately, she's almost always against the others. :( She got this one right though.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Are you saying Ginsberg is pulling tubes after court is out of session? That's a riot!

"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." Henry David Thoreau

This should have been in every newspaper and every tv and radio broadcast every day until it was reversed. I agree with another poster" buy ammo"

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Unfortunately, she's almost always against the others. :( She got this one right though.
    People always have a 50-50 shot at it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12