Walgreens fires armed employee... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walgreens fires armed employee...

1. Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    I may be wrong but I do believe the law that just passed was to protect an employee who keeps a firearm in their vehicle not while carrying on the job.
    I looked the bill up and you are right. you have to "leave it locked in your vehicle and out of sight"...not as cool as i thought but hey its still a step in the right direction.

Here's the link to the Customer Service feedback page. I think we should all send them a message.

Contact Us | Walgreens

The real travesty is he didn't kill both of the scumbags. Well, him being fired is the biggest really but you get my idea. What bullbutter! Hell with the drugs, the money and the store inventory from front to back...........how much is saving the lives of the employees worth? How about a lawsuit for the families of the employees who get killed in such a situation for the store not providing adequate protection? How much would be payed out then? Typical bean counters at work. Maybe they should have to work the shift and go through a robbery at gunpoint. Let's see what they think then.

I think Walgreens views employees as low value assets!

If they get killed, they are cheap to replace.

-Doc

Your right to carry is a right to not have the federal government tell you not to, it does not remove the property rights from property owners to determine the activity on their property. While I would handle this differently walgreens has a right to decide not to let their people carry, if you don't like that then don't work at walgreens

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247:201716
    Your right to carry is a right to not have the federal government tell you not to, it does not remove the property rights from property owners to determine the activity on their property. While I would handle this differently walgreens has a right to decide not to let their people carry, if you don't like that then don't work at walgreens
    I agree. But i think firing the guy was wrong. He did his company a service. I believe a better solution would have been to allow him to relocate to another store.

Horkos, from an emotional or principled standpoint I agree...from a financial liability standpoint they actually made the right choice (that's if you ignore that fact that people like me will remember this and not stop there when I have options now)

I dont know how many other options we have.

from an older story,
    A drug store manager who fired two shots at an armed robber has been terminated by CVS Corp. officials, who said his actions put his co-worker's life in danger.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

I contacted Walgreens corporate to complain about thier disregard for the safety of the public and thire employees. Here is thier response.

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation. Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes. Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.

Sincerely,

Rori R
    Consumer Response Representative

Ref # 3084959

So I guess what thier saying is they will have great video of the customers and employees being rounded up and shot one by one. I really like the statement of " Compliance is safer than confrontation". What a bunch of crock. I told them I would never step foot in another Walgreens store.

New|ReplyReply allForward|DeleteJunkNot junkSweep ▼
    Move all from...
    Delete all from...
    Block from...
    Mark this folder as read
    Empty this folderMark as ▼
    Unread
    Read
    Flagged
    Unflagged
    Phishing scamMove to ▼
    Inbox
    Junk
    Drafts
    Sent
    DeletedEmpty|Ad feedback |
    © 2011 Microsoft Terms PrivacyAbout our adsAdvertise Help Center FeedbackEnglish

We have been wal. customers for a long time I informed them I would no longer be unless they rehired him this was there response
    Dear William,

Thank you for contacting Walgreens regarding this matter. Our policies

in this area are designed to maintain the maximum safety of our

customers and employees.Store employees receive comprehensive training

on our company’s robbery procedures and how to react and respond to a

potential robbery situation. In past incidents, employees have told us

they’ve found this training effective.These policies and training

programs are endorsed by law enforcement, which strongly advises against

confrontation of crime suspects.Compliance is safer than confrontation.

Through this practice, we have been able to maintain an exemplary record

of safety.We’ve made significant investments in security technology in

recent years, including increasing the number of digital surveillance

cameras at our stores.With upgrades to security technology, we are able

to provide police with high-resolution photographs and video of crime

suspects.We continue to invest in state-of-the-art security measures and

high-definition surveillance equipment and hope that the apprehension of

robbery suspects in the Benton Harbor area will prevent future crimes.

Thank you for contacting Walgreens to share your comments.

Sincerely,

Rori R
    Consumer Response Representative
    No more walgreens for me! Good to know they will have good pics of people being robbed or killed.
    DEMOCRACY-three wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner REPUBLIC- the sheep get to elect which wolves get to decide what's for dinner CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC-voting on whats for dinner is strictly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast