Local Girl Seeks Meaningful Relationship with Firearm - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Girl Seeks Meaningful Relationship with Firearm

1. Tommy gun

Well, the title sounded kinky at any rate.

How's about the ubiquitous .38 Special Revolver, of long lived Police use and STILL a viable carry weapon, in the "snubby" version.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. How about the Taurus 24/7 OSS

5. The SKS rifle was my introduction to firearms. I felt like Rambo with my bayonet and 30rd detachable mags. A simple rifle for a young man to cut his teeth on.

Quote Originally Posted by Emoffit View Post
    Tommy gun
    You mean Tommy Morrison's character in the movie "Rocky V"?

Combat shotguns
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    M-1 Carbine, a rifle that paved the way for the pistol caliber carbine concept. Originally designed for short range city fighting durring WWII, the M-1 has been pressed into service for Law Enforcement and home defence.
    Like that idea too...

Can you post a link to the articles you have already written, or is it a secret??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

9. Colt Open Top cap and ball revolvers.

They were the first readily available repeating pistols (Colt Patterson) and until the advent of the .357Magnum, the Walker Colt (developed 1847) was the most powerful revolver in the world.

The articles are near the bottom of the page. They aren't very exciting. Just kind of encyclopedia/Wikipedia type things. I have been doing al ot of firearms research over the past few months, and I'm very surprised by two things: most firearms were developed at the request of the U.S. military for specific needs, and these firearms were required to be "idiot proof" because the military had little faith in the weapons handling ability of its soldiers. Gun Safe Wiki

Thanks to all of you who took the time to respond to this thread!

My article on the M1 Carbine was posted on GunSafes.com under the section "Gun Safe Wiki" last week, and I posted the link to the GunSafe.com Facebook page today.

It was the best response I've had to a Facebook post to date!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast