Ok, Odd Question, Need some answers. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ok, Odd Question, Need some answers.

I just learned of this recently...My daughters friends father was enlisted in the reserves, He was severely injured while working on a tank and almost lost his arm from the elbow down. He was in the hospital for a long time. He was then sent home to a civilian hosp. and rehab facility. he never went back to the base after his rehab was over. SIX years pass, he has gotten remarried and has 2 young daughters plus one from another marriage. long story short...The Army caught up with him and he was given a choice. His arm prevented him from doing battle,however he was able to become a Drill Sargent. So his choice was become a Drill Sargent or go to jail, PERIOD. I knew him for several years and he never mentioned the injury or the Army. Then one day he was gone!!! His wife told us what happend. He now must go thru boot camp again and serve FULL TIME as a Drill Sgt. He is still gone...his family still lives near me!
    Last edited by titaniumman; 05-28-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: change of wording

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    I just learned of this recently...My daughters friends father was enlisted in the reserves, He was severely injured while working on a tank and almost lost his arm from the elbow down. He was in the hospital for a long time. He was then sent home to a civilian hosp. and rehab facility. he never went back to the base after his rehab was over. SIX years pass, he has gotten remarried and has 2 young daughters plus one from another marriage. long story short...The Army caught up with him and he was given a choice. His arm prevented him from doing battle,however he was able to become a Drill Sargent. So his choice was become a Drill Sargent or go to jail, PERIOD. I knew him for several years and he never mentioned the injury or the Army. Then one day he was gone!!! His wife told us what happend. He now must go thru boot camp again and serve FULL TIME as a Drill Sgt. He is still gone...his family still lives near me!
    W/out making any implication towards you T I would question that story. A Drill Sergeant is supposed to be the living embodiment of the Army’s core values. To even be considered for selection your service record has to be exemplary and they don’t just give you a Round Brown and cut you loose. Drill Sergeant School is one of the most difficult schools in the Army. I just can’t see a deserter being offered a slot as a Drill Sergeant.

I think there's something more than you are being told going on here
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I would have to also add that my father in law served as a drill sergeant for a time and described it as a difficult job to get

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345