drill gone poorly!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: drill gone poorly!!

1. No no let me clarify. At the time being we have one firearm in the house. We have ran several "conscious participant" drills beforehand and I did this to test to see what would happen in a "realistic" situation. She failed me. I have no worries about her shooting me because she doesn't have her firearm yet. The point of me doing this was to get my own piece of mind as to how he would react in a real scenario. We have more work to do. And I personally dong give a **** if any of you think it's the wrong way to go about it. We learned in the corps to train how we fight and that's what she is going to get too. If you choose to rely on your "talks" with a spouse about how to handle the situation instead of practical application then plan on things going wrong and you and or your family getting hurt or worse.

Semper fi

It might be worth just a little bit of introspection when such a large majority of your peers suggest there is a potential issue with your approach. we're all human man, just take a deep breathe and evaluate what's being said

4. So,
    You had your test-not a bad idea. What did you learn? Not to depend on your spouse? Time for a new plan?
    I'd say, time to debrief, re-evaluate and make any adjustments/re-training, then test again. This is how it starts, now for the next steps!

5. Haganbeg. Exactly the response I was looking for and plan I had for myself. Thank you for understanding and not trying to sound soapbox-y. Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    No no let me clarify. At the time being we have one firearm in the house. We have ran several "conscious participant" drills beforehand and I did this to test to see what would happen in a "realistic" situation. She failed me. I have no worries about her shooting me because she doesn't have her firearm yet. The point of me doing this was to get my own piece of mind as to how he would react in a real scenario. We have more work to do. And I personally dong give a **** if any of you think it's the wrong way to go about it. We learned in the corps to train how we fight and that's what she is going to get too. If you choose to rely on your "talks" with a spouse about how to handle the situation instead of practical application then plan on things going wrong and you and or your family getting hurt or worse.

Semper fi
    Absolutely

Listen, I don’t expect you civilians to understand the situation. But bear with me and I’ll see if I can pound it into you soft skulls.With the decay of society and the rotting away of the moral fiber of our country this world is getting more and more dangerous and down right mean.

Back when I was working inventory loss prevention, we dealt mostly against gang members and other assorted thugs. People don’t realize the sort of gear these guys are packing. Gone are the days of gangbangers armed with chrome Lorcin .25s and tec 9s. A lot of these kids are sporting Glocks in 10mm and .357, some USPs, Sigs, and an occasional Desert Eagle in .50AE. Usually they are wearing at least level IIA concealible vests. Long arms range from AKs to AR15s, the usual shotguns and some long-range stuff. Ran into one with a Rem700p in 300 win-mag with a Leupold Mk4 sitting on top of it.

Stay safe Lance
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    Treo, do you prefer the colored smoke or just your standard Tactical smoke? I could see a house being filled with purple smoke kind of interesting.
    Inside the house we use dry ice and a water bucket to aleviate fire danger I prefer yellow smoke (interspersed w/ trip flares, FOO gas and claymores along the perimeter)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    If I tried this with my wife I'd get a frying pan upside the head.
    I’d rather not disclose my Wife's service record over the net among all these civies but, her“Black-Ops” history ensures that you will never know about the missions she accepted in her younger days, and Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, she is remembered decades later.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

8. if it happens in my house ,i have the wife call up some light armor,if needed she can vector in f-14's or apache gun ships,,if all else fails we can use the tunnels that ''charlie' left behind

Pulling a stunt like that in my home, I may have won the battle but would have definitely lost the war once my wife realized it was just a drill. I already know what my wife's response would be in a real situation. That is exactly why she doesnt have a weapon for herself.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

I'm just...speechless.

The burning question remains....... which neighbor provides 60mm mortar close support supressive fire?

As for "alarms", I have two silent ones....... if ANYTHING is out of the ordinary, both cats scurry for their bolt holes, trampling over both of us in so doing. Guaranteed rude arousal from otherwise sound sleep.

Leaving us "human staff" to fend off the bad guys, of course. (From old adage; Dogs have masters, cats have staff.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast