Looking for the best handgun - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for the best handgun

Also if you get the chance to look at a Walther PK380 it is a fine weapon. Both my wife and I carry one stuffed with Speer Gold Dot Ammo.
    It just might fit what you want.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Which means, of course, I "wasted" a couple of perfectly good "bird" references (puns) above. LOL!
    Well everybody's heard about the bird !
    Bird bird bird, the bird is the word !
    [repeat]

Everybody's heard about the bird !
    [repeat]

Don't you know about the bird?
    Well everybody's heard about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Yeah !

Well everybody's heard, about the bird !
    Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na

Everybody's heard, about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Yeah!

SURFIN' BIRD!!!!

Yeah everybody's heard, about the bird !

Bird bird bird, the bird is the word ! Go!!
    (Claps)

[Repeat 8 times]
    Yeah!!!

Everybody's heard about the bird !
    Everybody's heard about ... bird !

4. just had my 18 year old daughter down the range on her visit.i brought a kel-tec p32 that i bought for my wife (she could not handle the 380)and my glock 19 compact 9mm.my wife really liked the 32 in comparison to the 380.i thought it was a cap pistol until i took my earmuffs off,definitly goes BANG!extremly the easiest to carry anywhere on person all the time.my 18 yr old insisted on the glock and hit everything she aimed at first time and gun was ez for her to use but she would never be able to use as a ccw .i should add that she hit a bullseye with 2"groupings at 12 feet.she weighs 110lbs so i do not know if she is a girl like you. if you want to carry i would try the kel-tec 380 not expensive either.glock is smooth in racking unlike the kel-tec though.belive me if you can shoot straight u can stop a threat w/32 u can also get an extra ten round mag + one in chamber. rob

ok guys this is not helping Kimberly at all.

Come on, keep it fun, keep it interesting, but give some good advice that is why we all come here for...for information, not to stock our ego...Or is it!?

really...! a Mossberg JIC for a carry gun, so how are you going to control the collateral damage with a patter of the buckshot or the slug.

consider that 00 buck or 04 buck is going to go thru most walls in modern houses also remember that at 10 or less yards you loose 10%+ of your pellets to the target. do you really want 10% of the pellets to not hit the target.!?

come on give some good advice lads...!Also has anyone shot a 12Ga at night and inside a house...half a sleep and with no ear protection...just the flash from the first shot is going to blind you and leave your ears hurting...let see if you can put a second or third shot on the bad gun...and hop you did not hit someone you love....A shotgun is a group gun.. also it takes some time to master the pattern on a shotgun. So be careful recommending it to someone that has never shot one before...it is a humble experience when you shoot one at night inside a house or close area. You should try it at least once. :)

So guys just give some sound advice, please. Real advice.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100:203548
    really...! A mossberg jic for a carry gun, so how are you going to control the collateral damage with a patter of the buckshot or the slug.

Consider that 00 buck or 04 buck is going to go thru most walls in modern houses also remember that at 10 or less yards you loose 10%+ of your pellets to the target. Do you really want 10% of the pellets to not hit the target.!?

Come on give some good advice lads...!also has anyone shot a 12ga at night and inside a house...half a sleep and with no ear protection...just the flash from the first shot is going to blind you and leave your ears hurting...let see if you can put a second or third shot on the bad gun...and hop you did not hit someone you love....a shotgun is a group gun.. Also it takes some time to master the pattern on a shotgun. So be careful recommending it to someone that has never shot one before...it is a humble experience when you shoot one at night inside a house or close area. You should try it at least once. :)

so guys just give some sound advice, please. Real advice.
    desert eagle .50ae

Look at the Polish P-64 and the Makarov, both in 9X18mm. Reasonably priced too.
    Also the Steyr M or S model would be a good to check out. Not common, but ergonomic and reliable. Available in 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 S&W
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    Also if you get the chance to look at a Walther PK380 it is a fine weapon. Both my wife and I carry one stuffed with Speer Gold Dot Ammo.
    Bill
    That's what I carry and I really like it. The Walther has a small grip and less kick than other pistols of the same caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl:203589
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbill View Post
    Bill
    That's what I carry and I really like it. The Walther has a small grip and less kick than other pistols of the same caliber.
    I must disagree on carrying a .380 as your primary carry caliber. Fine as a backup but not as a primary. I wouldnt be comfortable putting my survival on the line with .380. Thats just my insignificant opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    I must disagree on carrying a .380 as your primary carry caliber. Fine as a backup but not as a primary. I wouldnt be comfortable putting my survival on the line with .380. Thats just my insignificant opinion.
    Kim (if you're still there!) a lot of posters would agree with this. A .380 doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of stopping power. Something in the .38 or .45 range is certainly more effective. And there's always .50 cal if you want to stop charging rhinoceroses as well as maurauding madmen.

My little girly parts can't handle all that firepower, but you should try out different styles and calibers before you decide. Also, it's easy enough to sell or trade firearms if you find yourself with something that isn't working for you.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast