Looking for the best handgun - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the best handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    In the meantime, this has turned into another analysis of the perennial "best gun" answerless question.GG
    To me, the best gun is the one that fulfills it's primary purpose (i.e. to protect me and mine) the exact time it is necessary to resort to such. Nothing more.

Hooyaaa!

You hit the nail flush, with out a hammer head mark on the wood! That is my Lady's thought!

I took my lady to a gun show and she picked up several weapons and narrowed it down to a few, Walther, Beretta, Tauraus, Glock and I forget, she didn't like the Keltec, or the Ruger's. When she first met me she couldn't pull the slide back to chamber a round in any of my semi-auto's now she can, that was 7 years ago. She is still exploring her feelings on carry. Time will tell. She will decide on her own.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

3. Ok horkos. I said put it by the fridge and stay in the kitchen as a joke. Obviously that wasn't meant to be implied as a carry weapon. Go to some adult classes and learn to read d-bag. My wife carries a .380 and I dare any of you who say it is unsat for a woman to carry to stand within 20 yards of my wife and take that pepsi challenge.

4. To clarify, I mean those who say it's unsat for a woman, or anyone for that matter, to carry a .380.

What's your opinion of this gun? It has an integrated laser sight included.....Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD® 380 - .380 Caliber Automatic Pistol

Academy - Smith & Wesson BODYGUARD® 380 .380 Caliber Automatic Pistol
    ......Hold on ! "I'll buzz you in".

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance:203967
    Ok horkos. I said put it by the fridge and stay in the kitchen as a joke. Obviously that wasn't meant to be implied as a carry weapon. Go to some adult classes and learn to read d-bag. My wife carries a .380 and I dare any of you who say it is unsat for a woman to carry to stand within 20 yards of my wife and take that pepsi challenge.
    Thats just stupid. To "dare" anyone to stand in the line of fire regardless of caliber is at any rate childish. Yes a solid projectile flying at you at hundreds of feet per second will hurt. But will it stop. Will it stop a jacked up crack head or even that guy so cranked on his own adreniline(spelling?) that he wont likely notice his been shot until he settles down. Im not stupid. I realize that no matter what i say there will be those that cant resist to argue. This is simple balistic understanding. The .380 doesn't yet posess the balistic capapbility to do the damage larger more technically advanced calibers do. Even a .22 placed in the right spot will bring any sucker to his knees. But do you have the skill and ability to hit such a small target while under stress, heart pounding nerves screaming. Most folks, even LEOs dont have the time or money to put into that kind of practice. Sure you're a dead eye at the range. But when you need it most will you be able to stay on target. Vital organs are stressed as targets because hitting these areas are your best chance to stop the aggressor regardless of his mental or chemically enduced state. I once saw a police dash cam video of a man already shot several times and then he was shot in the head, all this with .45s by TRAINED POLICE OFFICERS and he still kept going. Point being, if you are able to effectively and confidently carry a larger caliber you should. Unless of course you are full well confident in your ability under the stress of possibley loosing your life to put that tiny metal ball in one or more of those few tiny targets. As I stated before something is always better than nothing. To paraphrase Clint Smith, dont just carry whats comfortable, carry whats comforting. And at that I have nothing more to say on the subject. Though I know many "experts" will rally to argue.

That's it. After reading posts on this forum for months, it has become clear to me that no firearm can adequately protect me. I am going to start carrying a katana, a grenade launcher, and an angry, snarling chihuahua.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    That's it. After reading posts on this forum for months, it has become clear to me that no firearm can adequately protect me. I am going to start carrying a katana, a grenade launcher, and an angry, snarling chihuahua.
    I like a chupacabra better,

That being said a .38 stub nose does a great job

You're dating yourself with "The Bird".

Like the snarling chihuahua bit:)

The .38 snubby is a great ccw gun especially with todays plus P loads. I own an older colt Chiefs special load it with 158 grain JHP and you got a very dependable weapon especially when you add custom grips (I made my own after my wife out shot me with it, nothing new!she always out shoots me even w/ my 44 Mag).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast