Tools not Toys! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tools not Toys!

This is my Rifle, this is my gun.
    [

Thanks, for the comments, I started this to make people aware of how they come accross to others who are not like minded.
    Our image must be above reproach. To those who will take away our rights! It is not just in public but in our private converstion's, corrispondence and such. Each individual takes away an impressions of you with them, it speaks volumes about you and what you believe in when they express thier opinion about you. Since you are one of "US" it speaks even of us.

More discussion is welcome!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Well I will play the word game with you, I have guns/firearms that can then be broken down into tools and toys. My toys are for just range shooting and would be the last firearm on my list to grab when I need a tool to defend myself from harm or injury. As they say "Use the right tool for the job you are doing".

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Well I will play the word game with you, I have guns/firearms that can then be broken down into tools and toys. My toys are for just range shooting and would be the last firearm on my list to grab when I need a tool to defend myself from harm or injury. As they say "Use the right tool for the job you are doing".
    This is not about a word game it is about perception of others, and how we firearm owners are percieved by others.

ok guns are not toys.

You could say they are tools, but really they are just an extension of your being.

You sleep with them, you hug then, you kiss them and... Then you call the George...!

oh hell that is a bugs bunny line...Always wanted to say it...Sorry.

my bad...!

serious now... I think what the Gent is trying to say to us common folks is that we need to be more civil in the way we define out selfs....I guess.

everyone that carries a gun or uses one for recreational activities is will be held to ahigher standard than the people that do not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    ok guns are not toys.

You could say they are tools, but really they are just an extension of your being.

You sleep with them, you hug then, you kiss them and... Then you call the George...!

oh hell that is a bugs bunny line...Always wanted to say it...Sorry.

my bad...!

serious now... I think what the Gent is trying to say to us common folks is that we need to be more civil in the way we define out selfs....I guess.

everyone that carries a gun or uses one for recreational activities is will be held to ahigher standard than the people that do not use them.
    Stingray: thanks,

Not just a higher standard, we need to present our views in a responsible, mature way that sends a message that creates respect not distain, or how irresponsible of to refer to a firearm as a toy, if our children/youth think of it as a toy then it becomes a ply thing that cannot harm anything in thier mind. Just another thought as comments jarr my mind into another gear so to speak.

Some of my guns are as much toys as my '61 Lincoln town car. However, guns are not JUST toys, and have an underlying, very serious purpose. We all know this. Do not allow yourself to get dragged into semantic games with ignorant fools.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

You have a right to both tools and toys as a citizen. I would also venture that describing a 1000yard rifle as a necessary tool is more scary to a non-gun lover than describing it as a fun toy for when you go to competitions or the range.

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    You have a right to both tools and toys as a citizen. I would also venture that describing a 1000yard rifle as a necessary tool is more scary to a non-gun lover than describing it as a fun toy for when you go to competitions or the range.
    Thanks for the comment.

Instead of refering to that 1000 yard rifle as a toy how about sporting equipment for competition. I believe the perception of the non gun lover will be more positive. A sexy looking girl in a advertisment sells more then a dumpy looking girl. This is all about the non gunlover's perception, not ours.

So, was I supposed to use the handle of my revolver to hang that picture in the living room, or not?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast