Tools not Toys!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tools not Toys!

Tools not Toys!

We as a community fighting for our rights! Need to change how we express ourselfs. A firearm is a "TOOL" period! IT IS NOT A TOY!" I have heard this throughout my Life in reference to Firearms being refered to as Toy's. Perception is 99 percent of the fight!
    In a fight if your opponent and those on the sideline's percieves you as less then what you are, because of your action's or words. You have created a disadvantage to yourself as they do not take you seriously. I brought this up as I have read many on this site and other's refering to Firearm's as toy's. Comments as to how to change this way of expressing ourselfs so that we are taken seriously by those less educated on the subject of "FIREARMS" and 2A. Thanks, for the imput upfront!
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

3. I never thought of a firearm as a tool, but it certainly isn't a toy!
    An optimist, is someone that doesn't know all the facts!

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth:203503
    I never thought of a firearm as a tool, but it certainly isn't a toy!
    Same here except i dont see my firearms as JUST tools. I do think that they serve the very serious role of aiding in defensive and tactical duties. But I see firearms as an art form, meant to be admired and enjoyed as well as deployed for practical applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    We as a community fighting for our rights! Need to change how we express ourselfs. A firearm is a "TOOL" period! IT IS NOT A TOY!" I have heard this throughout my Life in reference to Firearms being refered to as Toy's. Perception is 99 percent of the fight!
    In a fight if your opponent and those on the sideline's percieves you as less then what you are, because of your action's or words. You have created a disadvantage to yourself as they do not take you seriously. I brought this up as I have read many on this site and other's refering to Firearm's as toy's. Comments as to how to change this way of expressing ourselfs so that we are taken seriously by those less educated on the subject of "FIREARMS" and 2A. Thanks, for the imput upfront!
    Dude, you need to get some more fiber in your diet
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Horkos View Post
    Same here except i dont see my firearms as JUST tools. I do think that they serve the very serious role of aiding in defensive and tactical duties. But I see firearms as an art form, meant to be admired and enjoyed as well as deployed for practical applications.
    +1

I don't think I could have said it any better.

7. Yup.

Although I do have several TOOLS (firearms) that are used solely for a recreational purpose. I also have firearms that I'd never intentionally force myself to use for more serious uses like self defense. For example, I know that any of my cap and ball revolvers would fill the need if necessary for self defense but I don't consider them a plausible alternative for that role. All are designs that were used either during the War Between the States or by the US military prior to the War and I know that they are perfectly capable of getting the job done but it is 2011, not 1861, and there is a plethora of more advanced designs that are more capable of filling that need.

I can't find the right words to respond, however I think we have bigger fish to fry than how we refer to our guns! I don't see my gun as a tool! A tool for what??? although I am comfortable calling it a toy, I think GUN or FIREARM will do just fine as well!
    Last edited by titaniumman; 05-30-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: spelling

I love my bang bang! How is that?

That actually makes some sense IMHO ... some of us here sure do talk about our guns in very excited way and about how much fun they are etc etc. Then again, in this here forum amongst likeminded folks that's fine. In public I also prefer to be very calm and rational in any discussion or conversations about guns. Nothing worse than being the "angry gun nut" that people wanna see in us. No offense to anybody intended.

11. toy tool

agree: In a political way, I agree...firearms are a far cry from being a toy. I have more reasons than most for being an advent gun owner and avid shooter in the big three disaplines...... : .... but I also totaly enjoy the shooting sports, and yes I enjoy playing with .... practising safety, cleaning, reloading, talking gun stuff, learning, rebuilding & repairing and teaching younger and or unexperienced people respect for the tool which they are considering....be it for pleasure or necessity. Understood that no offence intended...and none taken, but we ...gun people...don't need to always be seen as so serious. We need to be seen as safety oreinted and professional with our weapons at ALL time, but still human. I have changed many folks views on weapons just by my demeanor, showing how guns work, and what they are truely capabile of....unlike hollywood. Just a comment here, an oppinion if you will.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast