Pima County, Arizona SWAT Team Shoots Iraqi Veteran 60 Times!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pima County, Arizona SWAT Team Shoots Iraqi Veteran 60 Times!!

Pima County, Arizona SWAT Team Shoots Iraqi Veteran 60 Times!!

Sheriff Dupnik’s SWAT Team Shoots Iraq War Vet in His Home 60 Times | The Gateway Pundit

They shot this kid 60 TIMES! Perhaps they should apply for a job with LVPD Metro. Never know when they'll have to mow down another in a Costco parking lot. Bill T.

question one...did they ID them selves before entry...question two...did they give him a chance to put the gun down...

4. According to the PD they announced as they broke the door and fired when they saw the Guy with his rifle. Note: he fired no rounds and safety was never switched off. According to the wife she woke him up upon seeing armed masked men advancing through the yard.

If he was indeed a criminal then he was dumb to pick up the rifle. If he was innocent he was defending his family from an unknown threat. Just my opinion.

I've been keeping up on this story and it's got shady all over it...the sheriff announced immediately that the resident fired first and that was later proven to be false as his safety was on and he didn't fire. The police also kept him inside the house and the ambulance outside for about an hour literally assuring his death. I am not an advocate of no knock warrants, no evidence is worth a chance of a wrongful shooting. There has also been a lot of demogogue'ing on both sides.....him being a vet doesn't have anything to do with his supposed innocence and his owning an ar-15 and body armor has nothing to do with his supposed guilt.

@exgree11, I would suggest that even criminals have the right to defend themselves from unknown threats (if he was one, which has yet to be proven)

I have no criminal record, I own body armor which hangs beside bed, when my wife or my dogs wake me up, I put the body armor on as I check my house, as stated before, kick my door in day or night, I do not care what you are yelling you will be attacked by the dogs and in an all out gunfight from the get go while the wife will call 911 and request police and ambulance and then backs me up with more firepower.

From a short video from this incident, the SWAT team indeed turn on their sirens outside the home and yell "Police," before entering. (Apparently, 71 shot where fired, 22 of them hitting the victim.) Said that, not knowing the layout of the home, etc., its hard to tell how well the two inside could hear this, especially if wakened from a sleep, playing music, being in the shower and so on. What's worrisome here is the heavy paramilitarizing of our civilian police force, and the use of heavy handed tactics, all in the name of "the war on drugs." There have been way to many incidents where SWAT teams have entered the wrong house, ending up shooting innocent people that in a state of confusion and fear pulled their own weapon or otherwise armed themselves in the belief that their own life was in grave danger, with the tragic results that they, themselves was shot and killed.
    Berwyn Heights, Maryland mayor's residence drug raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Grandpa killed in drug raid - BostonHerald.com
    Detroit Girl, 7, Killed in SWAT Raid - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine
    Chain of lies led to botched raid (Atlanta Grandma Shooting)
    NRA Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.

Quote Originally Posted by jaysonindaytona View Post
    question one...did they ID them selves before entry...question two...did they give him a chance to put the gun down...
    First, from what has been reported, it appeared they did announce.

Second, there is no requirement for police to give those pointing guns at them to give them a chance to put guns down.

If you think otherwise, you are watching too many movies and TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    Sheriff Dupnik’s SWAT Team Shoots Iraq War Vet in His Home 60 Times | The Gateway Pundit

They shot this kid 60 TIMES! Perhaps they should apply for a job with LVPD Metro. Never know when they'll have to mow down another in a Costco parking lot. Bill T.
    They shot 71 times, hitting him 22 times.

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    @exgree11, I would suggest that even criminals have the right to defend themselves from unknown threats (if he was one, which has yet to be proven)
    Unless, of course, those criminals are in possession of firearms in violation of state or federal laws.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast