Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

Unless your boat is sinking and you may lose your life, you are not in distress, fly the flag with respect, our president and his little buddies have no respect for America or our Military.

I'm going to put it real simple.

flying the flag upside down....shows the lack of respect to every single erson that has lost love ones to our may wars in the past, also shows the lack of courage because this country is in a state of distress, yes it is, but it is up to each and everyone of us to do our part to fix it...!

You fly the colors upside down you are waiting on someone to come and help you...We need to help ourselfs.

So fly the flag high and proud..like every American should do....!

Do not mess with a symbol to protest...mess with the system and bring a solution to the table.

I just wanted to point out to you all that are really proud of the flag are forgetting that most of the US flags being used are made in China or some other foreign country so being proud of a symbol made in a foreign country is just Ret sorry I should not use that word cause it offends some people so I will use dumb.

I agree with you that if you have a US flag that was made in the USA by an American citizens it should only be done the correct way.

Where the flag is made is irrelavant. It is a symbol! Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    I just wanted to point out to you all that are really proud of the flag are forgetting that most of the US flags being used are made in China or some other foreign country so being proud of a symbol made in a foreign country is just Ret sorry I should not use that word cause it offends some people so I will use dumb.

I agree with you that if you have a US flag that was made in the USA by an American citizens it should only be done the correct way.
    Kasper: I agree with you in that our flags should be made in our country. However, what do you do when you can't find one made here? As long as it is a US flag, I don't get upset if it is made in China, Sri Lanka or anywhere else. It is still OUR flag. I would prefer it be "homemade" if at all possible but this day in time it seems like very little is made here anymore. I buy American where I can find it. In either case, if it represents us, fly it right!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Your statement Sir is wrong. Where the US falg is made is relevant and I know a lot of dead soldiers who would agree with me that where the US flag is made matters. And as others have said
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mustang View Post
    It represents the fallen who have given their lives in the defense of the ideals of individual liberty, and the rights of mankind to govern themselves. It is those things that that flag represents.
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    that flag symbolizes more than just a country, but a symbol of freedom and pride!
    You can bet that the men who died fighting WWI and WWII would be outraged by the use of a Foreign made US flag being used in America. But as Oldgrunt said it is hard to find a US flag that is made in America. I know that there are still US flags being made in the USA by US citizens but the cost of the made in the USA US flags are more then the cheap ass made in China flammable Flags. As the US flag is suppose to represent the fallen who have given their lives in the defense of the ideals of individual liberty, and the rights of mankind to govern themselves. I find it hard to accept a US Flag made in a foreign country that does not believe in the things that the product they are making represents, to me they only care about the money they get from making and selling the foreign symbol that they have no respect for. A link for thoes who want to buy a made in America US flag Annin Flagmakers - The oldest and largest manufacturer of flags in the United States.

And since you want to talk about symbols,look at what happen to the swastika when hitler decided to use it for his Nazi party symbol.
    The swastika is indeed a sun symbol from antiquity, appropriate in many themes & on many occasions. Like flood legends, the swastika (in various recognizable styles) is one of many symbols found thru-out ancient civilisations having no possible contact (as we understand contact) with each other. Usually it meant the sun, in its scheme as "the wheel of life". (Mayan, I believe.) It was also a popular good luck symbol. For example, it can be found on pre-1930 American New Year's greeting cards.
    A white swastika on a black field was the flag of an American Boy Scout Troop from its founding to some point in the 1930's, when the Troop itself voted to discontinue its use, in light of the rise of the Nazi regime. The German-American Bundt (the pre-War American Nazi movement), who also used the swastika, may also have influenced their decision.
    So before you go saying it is just a symbol, you need to realize what the symbol stands for.
    Last edited by Kasper; 06-03-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Kasper: I agree with you in that our flags should be made in our country. However, what do you do when you can't find one made here? As long as it is a US flag, I don't get upset if it is made in China, Sri Lanka or anywhere else. It is still OUR flag. I would prefer it be "homemade" if at all possible but this day in time it seems like very little is made here anymore. I buy American where I can find it. In either case, if it represents us, fly it right!
    That's just the point, what does that say about us as a country and as American's? We are to cheap to pay our own citizens to make our own countries flag! So instead we pay a worker in china or some other country,less of a wage and no benefits and work them twice as hard. For what? To save a few dollars and here and there? In the end we end up with our countries flag saying "MADE IN CHINA" in stead of "Made proudly in the USA!!"

So again what does that say about us to the world? That we fat lazy Americans(as we have become to be know as) are to cheap to make the most important symbol of our country?

I'm to young to remember when the words "Made in AMERICA" meant something,but I sure would love to see it start to mean something again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Does it really mean the same thing when some kid in another country is making them for a bowl of rice and 5 cents a day? If you could zoom in on the flag that the US marines raised Iwo Jima February 23, 1945, and the tag read "made in China." Would it still hold the same powerful feelings? As the American flag,made by American citizens that they did raise?

I find it kinda disgusting that we allow our flags to be made in sweatshops, because we are to cheap to make them here in the USA. People don't really want "Made in the USA" items, they only think they do till they see the price of the item that was made in the USA. Then they reach to the left and pick up the"Made and another country" item. I think people are more in love with the idea and the sound of the words "Made in America!"

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

My grandfather, who fought in WWII, had a few words that are beyond repeating in regard to ALL things foreign, let alone the flag. He found it disgusting. That said, the last one he had was, I believe, made in China. My aunt has it in the case.

On to flying the flag upside down.... NO WAY! I understand the current economy. If I lived in Joplin, MO or Tuskaloosa, AL? It would be an outside super long shot. Those places are decimated and a person could be under attack. The idea of making a political statement is absurd and disrespectful to those who have served and died defending our freedom. Those freedoms include the freedom to choose a leader or leaders, who choose our judges. I will excercise my right, every time I get a chance.
    JMHO

I have no doubts what so ever that the citizens of this country and this country its self is in a state of Extreme Distress!
    Our 14 trillion dollar national debt divided by 310 million citizens comes to $45,161.00 for every man, women, and child in this country.
    What child has 45 thousand dollars? Very few adults can come up with 45 thousand debt free dollars to pay their share of our national debt!
    If I were to see a homeowner flying the flag upside down I would assume their home was in foreclosure and that families American Dream has turned into a Nightmare!
    Quite frankly, If every American family that has been foreclosed on or the ones that are a paycheck away from bankruptcy were to fly the American flag upside down; the majority of the flags flying would be upside down.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast