Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

1. Flying the flag upside down to protest is the same as burning it in protest. Disrespecting our symbol of freedom to further your political views just puts you in the same boat as all political radicals.

If you don't like whats happening to this country change it with you vote. If you can't find anyone to vote for then run for office.The time for political gesturing is over. Get active and promote your beliefs.

To me, flying the flag upside down, burning a Bible or Koran or other extreme modes of protest are done just to draw attention to oneself.

If your truly serious get of your ass and into the political arena.

http://www.armedbadger.com

All us vets know that if we were under attack this is the right thing to do. Go to Arlington National and see if the flag is flying upside-down any where, enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That's just the point, what does that say about us as a country and as American's? We are to cheap to pay our own citizens to make our own countries flag! So instead we pay a worker in china or some other country,less of a wage and no benefits and work them twice as hard. For what? To save a few dollars and here and there? In the end we end up with our countries flag saying "MADE IN CHINA" in stead of "Made proudly in the USA!!"

So again what does that say about us to the world? That we fat lazy Americans(as we have become to be know as) are to cheap to make the most important symbol of our country?

I'm to young to remember when the words "Made in AMERICA" meant something,but I sure would love to see it start to mean something again!!!
    Whoa up there Sapphire, you are using that elusive word "we" to blame us all collectively for the condition this country is in. You may be too young to remember when the words "MADE IN AMERICA" meant something but I'm not. I also remember seeing parades where everyone stood and placed their hands over their hearts when the American flag passed by. I also remember when unions pushed for ever higher wages and driving up manufacturing costs which resulted in manufacturers going off-shore to keep costs down. Our government has a lot of culpability in this also. Unless we (used collecively this time) get off our duffs and elect officials who have moral compasses and leadership abilities, we will only get worse. There is so much that can be said about what is right and what is wrong and I feel most of the blame is due to greed and politics. You know, it is refreshing to see people getting fired up on here and gives one hope that we will survive. The only problem I can see is why isn't the rest of the country getting fired up? Anyway, I have my American made flag for my casket when I die. I also drive American made vehicles, eat American raised food, stand when the flag goes by and take my hat off when the National Anthem plays. I also vote, come hell or high water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    ..... A link for thoes who want to buy a made in America US flag Annin Flagmakers - The oldest and largest manufacturer of flags in the United States.
    Well, I have two flags, one made in the USA by HERC, that I bought about 8 years ago to replace one that had faded. The other has 13 stars and 13 stripes that the NRA sent me about 10-12 years ago. It was made in the USA by Annin. I fly it on July 4th every year.

I once thought about flying the flag upside down after Obama was elected but decided against it. Where I lived in Albuquerque before I moved to Durango last year, I had a neighbor who flew his flag at half staff the entire time that George W. Bush was in office. When Obama was elected, he moved the flag to full staff. Gggrrrrr!
    Charlie

I came within a gnats backside of flying my flag upside down after the election. ONLY Family and friends talked me out of it. A Communist in the White House, if only Nikita Khrushchev was alive to see his prophecy. Who of ever thought.
    I do believe we're not just in distress but plain and simple duress. There's about 50% of the US that's been forced into being a sharecropper. You're forced to share everything you produce with those that don't under the threat of fine, penalty or imprisonment by OUR US Gov't. When will it end?

As for dures:
    In jurisprudence, duress or coercion refers to a situation whereby a person performs an act as a result of violence, threat or other pressure against the person. Black's Law Dictionary (6th ed.) defines duress as "any unlawful threat or coercion used... to induce another to act [or not act] in a manner [they] otherwise would not [or would]". Duress is pressure exerted upon a person to coerce that person to perform an act that he or she ordinarily would not perform.
    Sounds like the US TAX Code
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Kasper: After reading your post earlier today, I went out looking for a flag made by Annin and I found one in a kit (flag, pole, bracket). The flag indeed was made in the US. However, the pole and bracket were made (you guessed it) in China. Oh well, maybe I'll find a pole and bracket made in the US. Wherever the it is made, I still respect the American flag without looking for the label.

There seems to be a lot of demagogue'ing here. Buy your flags, your guns, and your everything else where ever you see fit. Resist the urge to pontificate on behalf of all of our dead veterans or all foreign textile workers as though you understand anything about them or as though they desire you to speak for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    The only problem I can see is why isn't the rest of the country getting fired up?
    Keep the fire in your hearts in hope it will spark a fire in a fellow American.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of demagogue'ing here. Buy your flags, your guns, and your everything else where ever you see fit. Resist the urge to pontificate on behalf of all of our dead veterans or all foreign textile workers as though you understand anything about them or as though they desire you to speak for them.
    Demagogue: 1. a person who tries to stir up the people by appeals to emotion, prejudice, etc. in order to become a leader and achieve selfish ends. 2. in ancient history, a leader of the common people.

Scott, no one on here is trying to really stir up anything. In case you haven't noticed, there are people of strong opinions on here. A lot of it is from patriotism and the values a lot of us were taught many years ago and which, it seems, are no longer in existence. As for buying items where we see fit, we absolutely do. I don't think anyone is trying to be the leader of anything but trying to say what they think. They are not trying to pontificate, only express their feelings as citizens, veterans and active military members. I don't remember seeing any reference to foreign textile workers, only the complaint of our flag being made in another country. If that puts a bur under your saddle, you are not going to like a lot of the posts you see on here. Lighten up son, sit back and enjoy the BS like the rest of us!
    Last edited by Oldgrunt; 06-04-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: word missing

There is a great place in Ohio to get your flags

Flag Lady Inc – The Flag Lady’s Flag Store in Columbus Ohio

"We specialize in everything Flag Related. The Flag Lady started her company 30 years ago by selling the American Flag out of the Trunk of her car. Since then we have grown to be a successful enterprise specializing in Custom Flags, American Flags, Ohio State Buckeye Flags, Historical Flags, Military "
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast