Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

Originally Posted by scottbland247
    There seems to be a lot of demagogue'ing here. Buy your flags, your guns, and your everything else where ever you see fit. Resist the urge to pontificate on behalf of all of our dead veterans or all foreign textile workers as though you understand anything about them or as though they desire you to speak for them.
    Just to help you out some foreign companies brought their production plants here to the USA where they employee US citizens to build their produces to sale. Toyota and Glock are two off the top of my head that I know of. So while it has a foreign name it is built here in America by US citizens. Unlike the American companies that take their production plants to foreign countries then ship back their products and slap a made in America label on it.

And far as me understanding how our WWI and WWII veterans felt that is due to me spending time in the VA listening to their stories and opinions on the matter. I can say with 100% certainty that if I could go back in time and make bets with them on if the USA would ever be in debit to communist country like China, I would be a rich man today. For most of the 30 and younger citizens don't know much about Communism myself included. I know in the 50's or 60's the US was in an uproar to find out if US citizens were communist. But that is about all I know about it. I could learn more about it but I don't see the point cause America as it is will not stand for communism.

Kasper, you are all over the place. Now we're debating mccarthy'ism? I'm going to take old grunt's advice and just watch the show in this thread (foreign textile workers were referenced as sweatshops making $.05 a day and a bowl of rice)

Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    Kasper, you are all over the place. Now we're debating mccarthy'ism? I'm going to take old grunt's advice and just watch the show in this thread (foreign textile workers were referenced as sweatshops making $.05 a day and a bowl of rice)
    Your right, times may have changed. They may have been given a raise, 10 cents a day and two and half bowls of rice! Do you hold stock in the sweat shops? Is that why you have your underwear in a bunch?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Your right, times may have changed. They may have been given a raise, 10 cents a day and two and half bowls of rice! Do you hold stock in the sweat shops? Is that why you have your underwear in a bunch?
    . Yes, sweatshops and rice fields are my major income sources

. Yes, sweatshops and rice fields are my major income sources
    See was that hard? Now we know what side of the issue you stand on.Understanding the above comment was sarcasm,at least I hope it was and your not for real LOL.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Wow, lots a great comments and a great discussion going on fellas. Dont be ashamed to post your opinion, some may get some gruff, but at least everyone can see what views are out there and may even be able to help someone gain an understand into what America is all about ... the importance of all our constitutional liberties, not inclusive to the 1st amendment.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Thank you for jogging my memory! Yes McCarthyism is what it was I only know this from watching MASH. And as you pointed out I am all over the place but that is the way most of the people under 30 are in the USA. I was not trying to debate McCarthyism it happened and I don't know much about it other then it seemed to me to be like the The Salem Witchcraft Trials of 1692.

I like to debate things that I have a firm understanding of and that is why I told him he was mistaken by saying what country the USA flag is from is irrelevant. Though if I look at it from his perspective I can see why he thinks that and that is why I told him what I was taught and that it does and should matter what country it is made in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Thank you for jogging my memory! Yes McCarthyism is what it was I only know this from watching MASH. And as you pointed out I am all over the place but that is the way most of the people under 30 are in the USA. I was not trying to debate McCarthyism it happened and I don't know much about it other then it seemed to me to be like the The Salem Witchcraft Trials of 1692.

I like to debate things that I have a firm understanding of and that is why I told him he was mistaken by saying what country the USA flag is from is irrelevant. Though if I look at it from his perspective I can see why he thinks that and that is why I told him what I was taught and that it does and should matter what country it is made in.
    If you and others think McCarthyism was like the Salem Witchcraft Trials of 1692, then you should study up on what was revealed when the Venona Files were finally declassified just a few years ago:
    Venona files - Conservapedia
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    If you and others think McCarthyism was like the Salem Witchcraft Trials of 1692, then you should study up on what was revealed when the Venona Files were finally declassified just a few years ago:
    No it was just me who thought it was. I will take a look at the link and learn more about it. Thank you for providing the information and a link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I would add to read TREASON by Ann Coulter. She explains HOW we got here starting from just after WW2. She catalogs all her reference files. If this doesn't make the hair curl on the back of your neck, nothing will. AND YES, the Venona Files are proof of the Communist infiltration into our Gov't.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast