Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Your right, times may have changed. They may have been given a raise, 10 cents a day and two and half bowls of rice! Do you hold stock in the sweat shops? Is that why you have your underwear in a bunch?
    I hear that IAMS petfoods is coming out with a new "Sheepdog" formula, sound kinda tastey from what I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I would add to read TREASON by Ann Coulter. She explains HOW we got here starting from just after WW2. She catalogs all her reference files. If this doesn't make the hair curl on the back of your neck, nothing will. AND YES, the Venona Files are proof of the Communist infiltration into our Gov't.
    Right on!! Ann Coulter's book is where I first learned about the Venona Files. Thanks for the reminder.
    Charlie

4. I don't give a rats ***** who is in office or how bad the economy is, there are better ways to protest than flying our flag upside down,,, like maybe voting. If you fly your flag upside down, just hope that you don't live by me.

I don't think the fella who said that it didn't matter where the flag was made was referring to the big picture of foreign trade but the fact that the flag is more than the sum of it's parts to some people, its a symbol of something more than what and where its made, and people wouldn't take too kindly the people using it as a tool to protest with. My eyes still get wet at every ball game during the Star Spangled Banner and it brings out a lot of emotions to a lot of people, so you can imagine what it means to a combat vet,,, my point being: Don't fool with it, you want to protest, get a cardboard box.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    In either case, if it represents us, fly it right!
    Therein lies a dilemma. To me our flag represents the America of the past, not the cesspool of liberalism and moral depravity that our nation has sank to today. Sorry to say, I refuse to fly our flag today out of respect for those who fought and died for "God & country". Anyone remember "God" in God & country? I do. The way I remember it we fought for both. I also remember that we fought for "mother & apple pie". And , oh yea, remember the "home of the brave"? You know, the brave, the men of character, the men that actually honored their mother, had moral family values, were selfless instead of selfish? They were referred to as the "Greatest Generation". That was the country that I grew up in and loved. What's left today? Patriotism. I can only say this, when patriotism is all that is left, and that patriotism has taken the form of "WORSHIP", I draw the line.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

I just cannot believe how IGNORANT most of you that commented on this thread are.... You claim to be "Patriots" and "Americans" yet you belittle and almost threaten anyone who DARES to practice their "Rights" in a way that you dont "approve" of.(the way I want to fly my flag is MY RIGHT, and none of your fu**** business , deal with it)

I have over 25 years with the Military, and I have absolutely no problem how someone else decides to exercise their rights.... in fact, that is why I served, so I COULD EXERCISE MINE THE WAY I WANT TO, That is what is meant by "Freedom", you might want to think about what that word means before spouting off again..... I swear that half of you are liberals and dont even know it....... Pushing your "way" as the way it needs to be done, and all others as wrong or unpatriotic...

You know, it's funny, what they called conservatives and liberals when I was a kid is NOT what they are calling them today. And I'm not that old.

At any rate, a few fellows served and died to give you the right to do whatever you want with the flag. But you should be aware that your actions have repercussions. You should also be aware that hanging a flag upside down does mean you would literally like an armed rescue to swoop in and remove you from immediate danger. Though I'm sure in most towns, your display would be understood as metaphorical. Or not understood at all.

Flag Day 2011 : Gun Safes Blogger

One does need law to do what is right. Yes, you have the right to burn or fly the flag upside down ... yet as long as you have a voice to exercise, which I may not agree with but respect ... you are not in distress. When they take our freedom to express our voice or vote then we are in distress. Dont give up!!! Fly that American Flag high and proud ... it is the symbolism of what we as Americans have that the world does not ... and that is a free voice! Lady Liberty hasnt given up on you, dont give up on her.
    -aaron
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

"Your" perception/definition or "what is right" has NO BEARING on what I may I may consider "what is right" .

If I, or someone else considers it "right or correct" to fly the flag upside-down because we consider this once great country to be under duress..... then that is what we will do, regardless if it ticks you off or not......

Those who are TRUE defenders of freedom will say or do NOTHING to discourage others in how they themselves express THEIR Freedoms. I did NOT dedicate over 25 yrs of my life to see my Freedoms pissed on by the likes of you.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    But you should be aware that your actions have repercussions. AS DO YOURS You should also be aware that hanging a flag upside down does mean you would literally like an armed rescue to swoop in and remove you from immediate danger. BULLCRAP, it means whatever I want it to mean, it is MY flag on MY PROPERTY. Though I'm sure in most towns, your display would be understood as metaphorical. Or not understood at all.
    I, and other true freedom advocates would appreciate it if you would stop trying to pass yourself off as one who represents us..... Until such a time as you actually understand what freedom is....

Whatever someone else does, as long as it doesnt infringe on your or someone elses rights, EVEN IF WHAT THEY ARE DOING TICKS YOU OFF, is their business, NOT YOURS.... Dont like when someone flies their flag upside down? Then dont look at it..... See how easy that is?

I am sorry that I am gruff and dont beat around the bush with political correctness..... None of my posts should be construed as a personal attack... I am simply attacking the false message/ideals, not the bearer of such.... My intent is to educate, not berate...

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    . When they take our freedom to express our voice or vote then we are in distress. Fly that American Flag high and proud ... it is the symbolism of what we as Americans have that the world does not ... and that is a free voice! Lady Liberty hasnt given up on you, dont give up on her.
    -aaron
    All freedoms have been imposed upon one way or another to limit our freedoms, the two most obvious are the 1st & the 2nd amendments. You're statement that we Americans have a free voice that the rest of the world does not have is false. We no longer have freedom of speech, we have "politically correct" speech and "limited" freedom of speech. Don't believe it? Try speaking the truth, your opinion, or your conscience about someone or some group today (special interest group having more rights & protection than yourself) and you'll find yourself arrested and charged with a HATE CRIME. Fly the flag all you want, just keep the record straight about our freedoms. The flag remains the same, what it once stood for does not.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast