Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    I, and other true freedom advocates would appreciate it if you would stop trying to pass yourself off as one who represents us..... Until such a time as you actually understand what freedom is....

Whatever someone else does, as long as it doesnt infringe on your or someone elses rights, EVEN IF WHAT THEY ARE DOING TICKS YOU OFF, is their business, NOT YOURS.... Dont like when someone flies their flag upside down? Then dont look at it..... See how easy that is?

I am sorry that I am gruff and dont beat around the bush with political correctness..... None of my posts should be construed as a personal attack... I am simply attacking the false message/ideals, not the bearer of such.... My intent is to educate, not berate...
    I don't think we're on opposite sides of this argument.

I did NOT[/U] dedicate over 25 yrs of my life to see my Freedoms pissed on by the likes of you.
    How sad it is to dedicate 25 years of your life only to have your freedoms "pissed on" by the same the government you dedicated those 25 years to.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

I, and other true freedom advocates would appreciate it if you would stop trying to pass yourself off as one who represents us..... Until such a time as you actually understand what freedom is....
    Also, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. I don't believe I ever tried to pass myself off as a representative of anyone. Nor would I. Nor would I ever expect anyone to blindly believe anything I state as fact or opinion. I'm certain I made that clear in my original post, and if I didn't, my signature line should clear up any misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    At any rate, a few fellows served and died to give you the right to do whatever you want with the flag. But you should be aware that your actions have repercussions. You should also be aware that hanging a flag upside down does mean you would literally like an armed rescue to swoop in and remove you from immediate danger.
    This is what I was referring to....... Here, you took it upon yourself to imply that YOU KNEW why I hung my flag upside down, THUS YOU were trying to speak for/against me WITHOUT MY CONSENT.... (and ignorantly on your part, you have NO IDEA why I personally do something... you are NOT me, so dont presume to speak for me) If you did not intend that meaning I got out of your statement, fine, I myself am taken wrongly in many of my posts..... No harm, no foul....

Ah, I see. I need to stop speaking in the third person "you" around here! I was speaking generally, not about you specifically. I should have said that flying the flag upside down is a well-known national code for distress, etc. However, like I said, in this day and age, I don't think a person will wake up to find an extraction team on their front lawn. At least I don't *think* so. :/

Talking

This is what I was referring to....... Here, you took it upon yourself to imply that YOU KNEW why I hung my flag upside down, THUS YOU were trying to speak for/against me WITHOUT MY CONSENT.... (and ignorantly on your part, you have NO IDEA why I personally do something... you are NOT me, so dont presume to speak for me) If you did not intend that meaning I got out of your statement, fine, I myself am taken wrongly in many of my posts..... No harm, no foul....
    Hey Axe: Seems like you have a fire lit under your butt and appear to be implying you are the only true patriot on here. Damn, that is a heavy burden to take on yourself but we all know you are whistling in the wind. As for dedicating your life to the military, I hope you don't think you are the only one on here who has done that. I, too, am retired military and all that means anymore is that I have a blue ID card, PX and commissary privileges. My time was spent in the combat arms, not behind a desk, but I am not trying to wave my military service as a reason to think I speak for everyone on here. I don't and neither do you. Local girl didn't seem to be trying to speak for you or any of us, only give her opinion which means as much as ours do. There are a lot of people (sadly, most are old) who respect our flag and your right to fly it however you want. We respect your right to do so but we also have the right to think you are being disrespectful in doing so. As I have said before, we all have opinions and they are like rear ends, they all stink. As for everyone stating an opinion on here, it's OK to think us all to be ignorant. God loves ignorant people, that is why he made so many of us. Since you jumped in, does that make you ignorant too? No, I don't think so. You are just like the rest of us but you use a different approach to try to speak forcefully and to get you point across. So, keep your head down and your powder dry.

Only fly the stars and stripes upside down in protest over the inevitable economic and social crash if it has the federal gold fringe on it.

The American nation and its people will survive just fine, so I would still reserve flying the normal flag upside down in a case if immediate threat.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

My point better explained (hopefully) :

Do NOT belittle or complain about how someone else exercises THEIR rights and expect me to be quiet about it. They have the Right to do whatever they want as long as it is not harming anyone else.......

If something someone else does bothers you or is against your morals/etc.... then dont look at them, just leave them alone, it is NONE OF YOUR DA** business what they do, you worry about yourself and leave them alone.

Complaining about how someone else exercises their rights behind their back on an internet forum is idiotic, and ONLY PROVES you (not directed at anyone in particular) do not understand true freedom....

If you truly ARE bothered by your ACTUAL neighbor's actions, ask him/her nicely why they are doing that particular thing..... in this example, maybe you could rush over armed (kidding, well, kinda) and ask what they need rescued from (to let them know that flying the flag upside down is CONSIDERED by some to mean certain things...) instead of attacking and/or forcing your morals on a free individual......

Old Grunt, I always have a fire under my butt when it comes to people ignorantly attacking the freedom I (like you and others have) dedicated so much of my life to defend...... I am just not very politically correct, nor do I want to be...

My point better explained (hopefully) :

Do NOT belittle or complain about how someone else exercises THEIR rights and expect me to be quiet about it. They have the Right to do whatever they want as long as it is not harming anyone else.......

If something someone else does bothers you or is against your morals/etc.... then dont look at them, just leave them alone, it is NONE OF YOUR DA** business what they do, you worry about yourself and leave them alone.

Complaining about how someone else exercises their rights behind their back on an internet forum is idiotic, and ONLY PROVES you (not directed at anyone in particular) do not understand true freedom....

If you truly ARE bothered by your ACTUAL neighbor's actions, ask him/her nicely why they are doing that particular thing..... in this example, maybe you could rush over armed (kidding, well, kinda) and ask what they need rescued from (to let them know that flying the flag upside down is CONSIDERED by some to mean certain things...) instead of attacking and/or forcing your morals on a free individual......

Old Grunt, I always have a fire under my butt when it comes to people ignorantly attacking the freedom I (like you and others have) dedicated so much of my life to defend...... I am just not very politically correct, nor do I want to be...
    Are you familiar with the story about the little boy who cried wolf?

If one going to fly the flag upside down, burn it, or protest at soldiers funerals .... be prepared to be faced with the same protests & expression of our 1st amendment. If I dont like it, i can stare it down all we want and if we so choose we can say something.

I propose that if you are going to give that advice at least follow it ... if you didnt like what we had to say about your flying the flag upside down in protest then dont look, dont say anything, just go away, right? The only thing I think that is upside down about this country is people who try to change our long standing symbols to met their political ends. If you want to make your voice heard then there is this little shindig that we hold every 4 years, where all you have to do is show up, press a few buttons, and your voice is heard or you could knock doors, send letters, or make phone calls to our reps like alot of the rest of us.

I will say this, if this is your line of thought on free speech, then I dont think very many people are going to listen, even if you had a paradigm shifting idea. You have to ask yourself, am I connecting with people or am I disconnecting from them?
    -aaron
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    Are you familiar with the story about the little boy who cried wolf? Irrelevant , terrible example, try again with something that applies

If one going to fly the flag upside down, burn it, or protest at soldiers funerals .... be prepared to be faced with the same protests & expression of our 1st amendment. If I dont like it, i can stare it down all we want and if we so choose we can say something. I never even IMPLIED anything different than what you just said, so your point is what?

I propose that if you are going to give that advice at least follow it ...Get a clue and try to comprehend what I wrote before spouting off nonsense like this... if you didnt like what we had to say about your flying the flag upside down in protest then dont look, dont say anything, just go away, right? You have absolutely NO CLUE WHAT I WROTE IF THIS IS WHAT YOU GOT OUT OF IT....The only thing I think that is upside down about this country is people who try to change our long standing symbols to met their political ends. EXAMPLES INSTEAD OF DRIVEL PLEASE... If you want to make your voice heard then there is this little shindig that we hold every 4 years, where all you have to do is show up, press a few buttons, and your voice is heard or you could knock doors, send letters, or make phone calls to our reps like alot of the rest of us. If voting could actually change anything, they would make it illegal.

I will say this, if this is your line of thought on free speech, Again, you need to try to comprehend what was written BEFORE you try to respond to it...then I dont think very many people are going to listen, even if you had a paradigm shifting idea. You have to ask yourself, am I connecting with people or am I disconnecting from them? I dont give a rip what others think of me, you shouldnt either.
    -aaron

Obviously, my simple explanation wasnt simple enough, and it is not my job to teach reading comprehension.... so I guess you can just go back to your fantasy world where I didnt say anything you thought I did.....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast