Flying the Flag Upside Down? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Flying the Flag Upside Down?

That "Love It Or Leave It" is so mindless.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadscott View Post
    You have a right to do whatever you wish to the United States Flag. Piss on it, **** on it, burn it, wear it as a diaper or fly it upside down. The United States Supreme Court says you can.

I have the right to say I think your a Jackass for doing so. The United States Supreme Court says I can.

If you want to express your feelings by using our Flag, expect many others to utilize our right of free speech to let you know what we think of your actions.

Now this is someone who knows what true freedom is.....

Thank you for writing what I could not put into words myself.....Even though I tried, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Kasper: After reading your post earlier today, I went out looking for a flag made by Annin and I found one in a kit (flag, pole, bracket). The flag indeed was made in the US. However, the pole and bracket were made (you guessed it) in China. Oh well, maybe I'll find a pole and bracket made in the US. Wherever the it is made, I still respect the American flag without looking for the label.
    There have been three flags that have flown here in recent times. A Dettra, a Valley Forge, and an Annin. All three made in the USA. The Annin and Valley Forge sets have US made poles. The Valley Forge says the bracket was made in China. But ours fly from our second story balcony on US made rigid metal conduit, eyebolts, and double ended snaphooks.

The house in Ohio is going to end up with a 25' cast steel pole. Going to have to start buying bigger flags. Biggest one I've ever had a hand in making, raising, lowering, and carrying in a parade is 35' by 58' handsewn in this and the neighboring town made in 1976.

I have several flags that I routinely fly upside down, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the European Union Flag. No one ever seems to notice though, I can't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I have several flags that I routinely fly upside down, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the European Union Flag. No one ever seems to notice though, I can't understand why.
    (Facepalm)

You have the absolute right to fly the flag however you wish, and if hundreds of folks knock on your door day or night and ask if you have a problem, you brought it on yourself, it is a distress signal, but then again most folks most likely don't care. Peace, Love, Colt 45.

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    (Facepalm)
    I guess I should also begin flying upside down the flags of, Algeria, Botswana, Chad, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Reunion, and Tunisia for a more African Audience.

Being an OEF veteran and currently serving in the military, I disagree with anyone flying the American flag upside down unless they are in actual combat distress and in danger of being overrun. That privilege is(imo) reserved for the men and women who are put in harms way for the interest of this country.

I agree this country is at a turning point, and if we don't take it the right direction we are all going to be kicking each other in the @ss. But, this is not the way to go about it.

This being said, people have the choice to do so. As with burning the flag...

Just don't do it in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Ive lost about 7 flags since July 4th .... someone keeps steeling them (the kind with the wooden pole that goes into the ground). I hope they are at least flying em high.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

The government has proven time and again that voting doesn't help. The last time this country was on the right track was in 1776.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast