2nd Amendment What the heck does it say? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment What the heck does it say?

I say leave it alone. If we start rewriting our Constitution with the current spin who knows what you will get. The courts, in my opinion, have already trampled the US Constitution to death. They continue to legislate law from the bench as it is. Why give them the chance to give themselves even more power. The House and Senate are the only two branches that have the Constitutional athority to legislate laws. Not the President nor the courts. It's time to put the power back were it belongs, with the people.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Doc Mustang, you said it better than I did I ment us colonial America.

What worries me is this America hating president and his band of traitors, hate mongers and terriorst, will do more than he has already done to destroy America, he and his wife have suckeled off the American T their entire lives and they hate America. (My Opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    2nd Amendment: The right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[]

snipped for brevity...

Instead of fighting for our 2nd amendment right, we should be fighting for a rewrite of the 2nd amendment. One that clarifies its intention and our specific rights; such that it eliminates any possible confusion as to its meaning. It should also make clear an understanding that it be upheld by both the Federal and State Governments.

What say ye to that my fellow citizens.
    NOT at this time when who he is at the WH is there...we should vote for someone who we can trust to protect our rights first before even thinking of rewriting the Constitution. Period.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

What's confusing about this? It says we have the right to keep and bear arms...or more so the government doesn't have the right to take away our arms...only an idiot can misinterpret that...and we all ready know who they are from all the other bat **** crazy stuff they say

"the people" in the 2nd Amendment is the same "the people" found in the 1st, 4th and 10th Amendments. The primary purpose of the Bill of Rights is to limit the powers of the Federal Government. There is nothing vague about the intent of the 2nd Amendment that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Penn& Teller

Penn and Teller break it down pretty simple. It's the best explanation of the 2nd Amendment I personally have ever heard. You can look it up on YouTube somewhere. I believe it is under 'Penn and Teller on the 2nd amendment '

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    What's confusing about this? It says we have the right to keep and bear arms...or more so the government doesn't have the right to take away our arms...only an idiot can misinterpret that...and we all ready know who they are from all the other bat **** crazy stuff they say
    Again, I stress it is not the last part of 2A that is questionable. It is the first part.. It lends itself to interpretation. If it was so clear as you put it "only an idiot can misinterpret that" than there would be total agreement among the 12 SCJs as to its meaning. Actually if it were clear, there would have been no reason for the SCJs to debate its meaning, because there would be no court case, because no legal action would have been brought before the courts, because no legal issue would have needed to be questioned, (it would have been CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD).
    You chose to attach you own meaning to what you read, however others can also chose to attach there own meaning to the same words...

That is why this IDOT feels it might be better to require clairification, to eliminate the possibility or need to have the question debated by any one....

Just one Idiot's opinion
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Personally, I didnt need DC vs Hellers ruling. Petsonally, I dont care which way they "interpret" a document that needs no intepretation. I can read and comprehend the written word and I know what rights are affirmed by the US Constitution. Even if they reversed their decision, do you think theyre going to convince 80+ million people to give them up? Not on my watch!

Hey WEW, At first I thought you were being cynical but I read more of your posts. Maybe this will help and maybe we just need to interpret it with the vocabulary of the day. Webster's Dictionary was declared the book to use by the Congress early on as the official dictionary.
    Try this link.J. Neil Schulman: The Unabridged Second Amendment
    Here is just one of many on Sir William Blackstone on Natural Law. Blackstone Institute - Sir William Blackstone
    or just "google" him. Should help.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Hey WEW, At first I thought you were being cynical but I read more of your posts. Maybe this will help and maybe we just need to interpret it with the vocabulary of the day. Webster's Dictionary was declared the book to use by the Congress early on as the official dictionary.
    Try this link.J. Neil Schulman: The Unabridged Second Amendment
    Here is just one of many on Sir William Blackstone on Natural Law. Blackstone Institute - Sir William Blackstone
    or just "google" him. Should help.
    I will look up your referances, and thanks for the reply, glad someone can see this from my stand point..
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast