2nd Amendment What the heck does it say? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Amendment What the heck does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    I am the militia
    Pleased to meet you Twogun Willy. You must be a cool guy, because I never met a willy I didn't like... I have a charactor in one of my stories named Two guns. He is a Pirate.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Forgot to subscribe to this thread...sorry for the late response.

Maybe my sarcasm was a bit misdirected, I did not mean to sound like I was calling someone directly an idiot, but rather the general group of anti gunners who have spouted off on the news some absolutely ridiculous statements. (ie: "incendiary rounds...that's right, heat seeking bullets"...(crap my pants lol))

The SCJ's will try and interpret anything that comes before them even though their job is to uphold the constitution, not interpret it. Maybe that's impossible...maybe you can't uphold something you don't understand...maybe our scj's are a bunch of tools?

something to think about...what if you separate out the whole segments...

A well regulated Militia...shall not be infringed...

Being necessary to the security of a free State....shall not be infringed...

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms.......shall not be infringed.

Sarcasm aside, I still don't see how it is vague. Misinterpretation, aka opinion, will always be different. Even something as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 can have opinions. I don't mind others opinions, it broadens my way view on how this world works. But...when it comes to my family and my life, as rude as it is, only an idiot will misinterpret my right to defend what's mine...

this being my own idiotic opinion :-)

Would others also look to interpret the first amendment? The only time it says "the people", is when its addressing the right to assemble...does this mean the people don't have the right to other freedoms? But only the people who the government interprets the 1st amendment was talking about get to exercise the speech, religion, press?

Just throwing that out there...I might start a new topic on this just to see what others have to say

The Fyrd is a Constitutional imperative. Period.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

Fyrd????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Forgot to subscribe to this thread...sorry for the late response.

Maybe my sarcasm was a bit misdirected, I did not mean to sound like I was calling someone directly an idiot, but rather the general group of anti gunners who have spouted off on the news some absolutely ridiculous statements. (ie: "incendiary rounds...that's right, heat seeking bullets"...(crap my pants lol))

The SCJ's will try and interpret anything that comes before them even though their job is to uphold the constitution, not interpret it. Maybe that's impossible...maybe you can't uphold something you don't understand...maybe our scj's are a bunch of tools?

something to think about...what if you separate out the whole segments...

A well regulated Militia...shall not be infringed...

Being necessary to the security of a free State....shall not be infringed...

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms.......shall not be infringed.

Sarcasm aside, I still don't see how it is vague. Misinterpretation, aka opinion, will always be different. Even something as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 can have opinions. I don't mind others opinions, it broadens my way view on how this world works. But...when it comes to my family and my life, as rude as it is, only an idiot will misinterpret my right to defend what's mine...

this being my own idiotic opinion :-)
    Well said. It really bothers me that these dumbasses we have in our government have created the unconstitutional laws that exist now... Gun laws are only one facet of that, we have lots of stupid laws about all sorts of things..... some times I just want to go somewhere where there is no one and start over again.. we need a new empty continent...
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy:207887
    Well said. It really bothers me that these dumbasses we have in our government have created the unconstitutional laws that exist now... Gun laws are only one facet of that, we have lots of stupid laws about all sorts of things..... some times I just want to go somewhere where there is no one and start over again.. we need a new empty continent...
    I think that thought everyday, got to go find an island!

They get away with enacting unconstitutional laws because we keep re-electing the very people doing it. We are never going to fix what's wrong if we keep the problem makers in power. Just my opinion.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    I say leave it alone. If we start rewriting our Constitution with the current spin who knows what you will get. The courts, in my opinion, have already trampled the US Constitution to death. They continue to legislate law from the bench as it is. Why give them the chance to give themselves even more power. The House and Senate are the only two branches that have the Constitutional athority to legislate laws. Not the President nor the courts. It's time to put the power back were it belongs, with the people.
    Where do get the idea that the House and Senate have anything to do with the people? They have shown amply that they are merely meetings of the two political parties, neither of which has any concern for the American people.

I get this idea because the people put them in office. The trouble is they have made for them selves a career field with a lavish retirement package. The framers of our Representative form of Government never intended for these position to be a career therefor in my opinion there should be no retirement period. They should serve their term and then go back to their original job. Trouble is big money got involved and the people keep re-electing them. Now we have two powerful parties that are all about power, money and control, the people be damned.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast