2nd Amendment What the heck does it say? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2nd Amendment What the heck does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Fyrd????????????????
    Saxon term for unorganized militia, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    2nd Amendment: The right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[]

What the devil does this mean? The language is Vague to say the least, so vague that the Supreme Court has been struggling among themselves for generations and still canít all agree on its intended meaning.

I read it and I donít quite understand it, is it any wonder that our LEOís have trouble with its meaning.

Instead of fighting for our 2nd amendment right, we should be fighting for a rewrite of the 2nd amendment. One that clarifies its intention and our specific rights; such that it eliminates any possible confusion as to its meaning. It should also make clear an understanding that it be upheld by both the Federal and State Governments.

What say ye to that my fellow citizens.
    It's very clear.

It states, nothing shall infringe the right of the citizens of a state to form a well regulated(trained) militia in the defense of their/ and their states feedoms.

Then, nothing shall infringe the right of the people(individual's) to keep and bear arms(own & carry).

It couldn't be any clearer... and any instance to open this for discussion or change will without a doubt, end with LESS freedoms.

Regardless, I will always(regardless of law) side with the second post in this thread.... don't mess with my phucking guns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    It's very clear.

It states, nothing shall infringe the right of the citizens of a state to form a well regulated(trained) militia in the defense of their/ and their states feedoms.

Then, nothing shall infringe the right of the people(individual's) to keep and bear arms(own & carry).

It couldn't be any clearer... and any instance to open this for discussion or change will without a doubt, end with LESS freedoms.

Regardless, I will always(regardless of law) side with the second post in this thread.... don't mess with my phucking guns!
    I agree with you 100 percent,, as I said in previous posts, it was just a thought.. wanted to get more opinion on the subject.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by wild eyed willy View Post
    2nd Amendment: The right to keep and bear arms.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[]

Instead of fighting for our 2nd amendment right, we should be fighting for a rewrite of the 2nd amendment. One that clarifies its intention and our specific rights; such that it eliminates any possible confusion as to its meaning. It should also make clear an understanding that it be upheld by both the Federal and State Governments.

What say ye to that my fellow citizens.
    No, No, No, you start to amend the Second Amendment a door will be opened up to all anti-gun idiots, professors, politicians, religious heads of churches, etc., this will be one can of worms that will never be closed

Years ago the anti's tried tried push an amendment to the Second Amendment that was so ridiculous that it favored the UN and their reasoning for the way we should live in our own country.

Leave Our Second Amendment Alone, this is our country in which we live and die with our Bill of Rights and it has been working for almost 240 years. It may not be perfect, judges may not be able to understand it, but it cannot be over ruled in our courts as the anti attorneys cannot understand the amendment and they can understand how to defeat it. I Love it the way it is, and I firmly believe if it is working to our advantage, leave the damn amendment alone.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

But they will not! The essential step in the complete domination of the people is to remove any reason or method of resistance to Government domination. Disarming the average citizen makes any effort to dominate/tread on their rights/oppress their freedoms a virtual guarantee.

Exactly why it must NEVER be allowed to happen.

I once swore to defend the Consstitution of the US.... and I tend to take my "vows" seriously. I see no reason why my retirement should circumvent those vows. I certainly hope the present members of the military remember that their Oath is to the Constitution and Not the "Government" if and when push comes to shove. (It could become ugly if the military side with those who cut their paychecks rather than what is "right".)

HAVE OUR MILITARY BECOME MERE MERCENARIES RATHER THAN "DEFENDER OF OUR FREEDOMS"? Good question. Recent vets? (Chime in here.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't our current President take the same oath? "Change we can believe in"
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

8. 5923.01 State militia membership - limitation of troops.
    (A) The Ohio organized militia consist of all citizens of the state who are not permanently handicapped, as handicapped is defined in section 4112.01 of the Revised Code, who are more than seventeen years, and not more than sixty-seven years, of age unless exempted as provided in section 5923.02 of the Revised Code, and who are members of one of the following:

(1) The Ohio national guard;

(2) The Ohio naval militia;

(3) The Ohio military reserve.

(B) The Ohio national guard, including both the Ohio air national guard and the Ohio army national guard, the Ohio naval militia, and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the Ohio organized militia.

(C) The Ohio naval militia and the Ohio military reserve are known collectively as the state defense forces.

(D) The unorganized militia consists of those citizens of the state as described in division (A) of this section who are not members of the Ohio organized militia.

(E) No troops shall be maintained in time of peace other than as authorized and prescribed under the ďAct of August 10, 1956,Ē 70A Stat. 596, 32 U.S.C.A. 101 to716. This limitation does not affect the right of the state to the use of its organized militia within its borders in time of peace as prescribed by the laws of this state. This section does not prevent the organization and maintenance of police.

Effective Date: 09-18-1997
    I win on both halves of the 2nd Amendment. Liberals can kiss my double covered beehind.

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't our current President take the same oath? "Change we can believe in"
    But who really cares about obievil?
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Yes but when it comes to climate change somehow that isn't his "change we need". All these contradictions by the big Zero are making me dizzy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456