GAP or ACP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAP or ACP

Question GAP or ACP

What is the difference between the two...GAP and ACP? Must you use GAP in a GLOCK 36 or will either work?

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    What is the difference between the two...GAP and ACP? Must you use GAP in a GLOCK 36 or will either work?
    G36 is .45 ACP. the G37,38,39 is .45 GAP. There not interchangeable. GAP is a little shorter. Also more expensive and not as available as ACP. I know a couple mfg's chambered in GAP for a while but I'm pretty sure nobody other than Glock does now. If your buying a Glock .45 go with ACP. (21,30 or 36).

4. It is to my understanding, GAP vs ACP is similar to 9mm para vs 9mm makarov. GAP is a little shorter. As for compatibility, I am not sure but I believe 36 is GAP only.

5. The purpose of the .45 GAP cartridge is to provide Ballistics Identical to those of the .45 APC in a smaller/lighter pistol.

If you need a smaller Pistol because your hands are too small for the larger .45 ACP pistol; or you want the smaller size (for any reason) you should consider the .45GAP if you still want the .45 caliber rather than something smaller.

Otherwise: there is nothing to recommend the cartridge.

6. Acp.

7. I'd go with the ACP.

It's available pretty much everywhere, there's a plethora of factory loaded ammunition for it because pretty much everybody that loads pistol ammunition loads .45ACP, if you reload there's another plethora of easily obtained components and there's over 100 years of reloading data out there.

Quote Originally Posted by citadel45acp View Post
    It is to my understanding, GAP vs ACP is similar to 9mm para vs 9mm makarov. GAP is a little shorter. As for compatibility, I am not sure but I believe 36 is GAP only.
    9mm Parabellum and 9mm Makarov are completely unrelated. They used different diameter bullets (.355-.356" for Parabellum and .363 for Makarov). The .380ACP (or 9mm Kurz if you wanna be all European about it) uses the same diameter bullet as the 9mm Parabellum but they are still NOT interchangeable unless you are using them in a revolver with full moon clips.

thanks for the info. I just picked up a new G36 gen4 after reading the replies yesterday! I bought 2 boxes of blazer brass 230g and a box of speer LE jhp. I cant wait to break it in. I almost bought a used sprngfield 1911 A1. I decided to go with the G36 for the smaller size, and it will fit in my G19 holsters. The trigger on the 1911 was totally different { much easier ** and I was nervous that I might have a mishap and let one fly when I didn't intend to. When I am shooting my Glock 19 I take up the travel that compesses the firing pin as a habbit, just short of firing the weapon. I was worried that in a stressful encounter, if I had the 1911 that could cause problems.

Good question

I was looking into the .45 GAP but I ended up buying the G32 in .357 SIG first. Still wanting a .45 I went with the G36 because I didn't want to end up with 2 pistols using only exotic rounds.

I'm somewhat relieved that .357 SIG is not to hard to find but GAP might be a bit tougher.

Interesting question can a 45ACP revolver also use the shorter 45GAP, obviously using moon clips?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE:204501
    Interesting question can a 45ACP revolver also use the shorter 45GAP, obviously using moon clips?
    That is a good question. Not really an expert on revolvers but dont really see why you couldn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast