Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting range incident

free gun range?

Sometimes you get what you pay for..
    Free can have a price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud pup P View Post
    Free can have a price.
    And if you can't blame stupid, blame the devil that made him do it.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

After talking to him I became painfully aware he was gun “stupid” not to be confused with gun “ignorant”.
    I like this comment as it says so much. There is no shame is being ignorant as everyone starts off ignorant and can be easily fixed. Stupidity is usually permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud pup P View Post
    Free can have a price.
    The place I described charges in excess $15/hr now, I believe.

A guy on another forum tried to defend them, asking me, "When's the last time somebody got shot there?"

I replied, "I don't know and I don't care. I'm not going to be the NEXT."

Even experienced shooters can be negligent. I was clipped during a personal protection class by a student with 29 years as an armed guard. The student turned in frustration over not getting the drill correct. Finger was on the trigger and the shot broke just as I grabbed the arm. Caught me in the right flank. Torn shirt, powder burn and graze. Could have been lethal had I not been watching closely. People can turn and burn so fast there is little time to react. I now wear a vest when teaching.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I have my own range for this very reason.
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    I've started making it a habit to go to gun ranges with RSO's that way I can have some semblance of peace while shooting.
    +1, although I can't the RSO's that pace back and forth and run their mouth the hole time, they come in handy in those situations.

9. rudiepop,

Welcome to unmanned MDC ranges. Buseik has always been a turd-magnet. I've been put in positions to kick folks off that range for their stupidity, had people eventually arrested for poaching on the walking trail directly behind the range, and ticked a guy off so badly out there that he thought it was smart to call a Conservation Agent which wound up finding dope in his truck.

I watched some knuckle-head rapid firing a pistol directly over and behind the head of a 12 year old who's dad was getting him comfortable with rifle shooting. I thought the dad was going to knock him out. Fortunately myself and several others told him to leave or he'd meet a Conservation Agent as well as the local Sheriff.

Those are the reasons I avoid unmanned MDC ranges as much as possible. The other is the range-hogs that think they need both tables on all three sections of the range, but they're using just the 25 yard set up. I've become suspicious that someone is going down and conducting firearms instruction down there which is a big no-no.

Rudiepop,

I like your sigiture line.

I use to have one almost like it but mine said "I can arrange yours for you if you want"
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators! I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

I am sorry but I do not see enough information from the original poster to make any type of call other then about the targets that they had brung to the range. Having been a weapons instructor for over 40 years I will be the first to admit that accident's happen at any place any time. You can't watch everything that another person is going to do, you can try, but it won't work.
    Bill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast