Shooting range incident
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting range incident

Shooting range incident

I am done with Busiek state parks free gun range.
    Yesterday I take my 13 yr old out to shoot a .22 magnum I picked up cheap to set the dope on the scope. One other group of people was there and they had a guy "teaching them how to shoot" MORON! He had a Glock, an AR15, a KelTec rifle and a .22 mag revolver.
    Everything seemed to be cool for about the first 10 minutes or so, then we hear a shot and a scream! We looked over and saw a teen girl juming around and thought she was shot. We carefully approached to see what happened if we needed to go for help (no cell phone signal there) and found out that she was handed the revolver and shot a round throught the end of her flipflop about a half inch from her middle toe. She had powderburns on her foot.
    Not to mention that it is a paper target only range and they had bottles, clays, cans and other trash to shoot at. That bullet could have hit anyone. I called the parks dept as soon as I got in phone range.
    That is the second time I have seen complete stupidity on display at that gun range. That was my last trip.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Unfortunately, this may be one of Darwin’s Theory of recessive genes culling themselves from the heard.

I'd find a better place to shoot. Stay Safe!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

4. I've started making it a habit to go to gun ranges with RSO's that way I can have some semblance of peace while shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Unfortunately, this may be one of Darwin’s Theory of recessive genes culling themselves from the heard.

I'd find a better place to shoot. Stay Safe!
    Not sure about Darwins theory, but I DO have one of my own. One gun dork playing the big shot + four idiots = a recipe for disaster.

I don't have anything negative to say about the OP but I do want to point this out. We all believe in the right to keep and bear arms but when you see someone like that you may have a second thought about it. The next time you proclaim how safe and careful gun owners are just remember this incident. Also remember that there are millions of gun owners in the US just like that bunch. In fact I am sure that the average gun owner is much closer to them than to the average member of this board. We would all like to think that the average gun owner is well versed in the rules of gun safety and takes those rules very seriously. However I have not found that to be the case. I have also found that the reason that many more people are not killed or injured by guns every year than are is more of a matter of luck than anything else. Just as this girl missed her foot by less than an inch it was just a matter of luck.

Good news is that she didn't blow her toe off! Really good news is that I'll bet she won't do it again!

I quit going to a public range near my house. Just for the reasons above. The last time I was there the poor old guy watching the range was going nuts from one end to the other. Finally a game warden showed up and things seemed to settle down.

I'll pay the $200+ for my membership and a 10minute longer drive. Chaulk it up as "Life Insurance."
    Joe

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I don't have anything negative to say about the OP but I do want to point this out. We all believe in the right to keep and bear arms but when you see someone like that you may have a second thought about it. The next time you proclaim how safe and careful gun owners are just remember this incident. Also remember that there are millions of gun owners in the US just like that bunch. In fact I am sure that the average gun owner is much closer to them than to the average member of this board. We would all like to think that the average gun owner is well versed in the rules of gun safety and takes those rules very seriously. However I have not found that to be the case. I have also found that the reason that many more people are not killed or injured by guns every year than are is more of a matter of luck than anything else. Just as this girl missed her foot by less than an inch it was just a matter of luck.
    You will never hear me say how safe and careful gun owners are. I have seen enough to know better. You are right about those people being closer to the average when it comes to ignorance about firearms. As a former Marine I saw plenty of "firearm educated" Jarheads act just as stupid. People are either too familiar and loose respect for the power of the weapon or are just plain ignorant. What really gets me is the dipstick that handed her the weapon was supposed to be "training" them. He turned his back on her after he handed her the weapon. First time she ever shoots ANYTHING and it is almost herself.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I believe in the 2nd Amendment...and this does nothing to change my mind.

But then, I am also a big fan of Darwin...

I haven't seen recent figures on the matter, but some 400-600 deaths occur in the US annually from "accidents", which, typically, are nothing more than sheer stupidity on the part of the gun owner. While ANY incidents of "accident" are deplorable, when considering that roughly half of all American households own at least one gun..... I find that little a number almost insignificant.

However, aside from the "fighting crime" anti-gun gamebit, the "for your own and public safety" gamebit is played with equal vigor by the gunaphobic.

It is our job, as law abiding, gun safety prone citizens to debunk the gunaphobics' efforts at every turn. 2nd Ammendment not with standing, it is NOT very hard to notice how the Lib/Prog agenda is slowly but surely making a mockery of the Bill of Rights and overstepping the bounds of the Constitution's ideal of "Limited Government" to boot!

(... and if I have to "point out" specifics of this trend, YOU need to do some "catch up" reading on life in the US. LOL!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by rudiepop View Post
    I am done with Busiek state parks free gun range.
    Yesterday I take my 13 yr old out to shoot a .22 magnum I picked up cheap to set the dope on the scope. One other group of people was there and they had a guy "teaching them how to shoot" MORON! He had a Glock, an AR15, a KelTec rifle and a .22 mag revolver.
    Everything seemed to be cool for about the first 10 minutes or so, then we hear a shot and a scream! We looked over and saw a teen girl juming around and thought she was shot. We carefully approached to see what happened if we needed to go for help (no cell phone signal there) and found out that she was handed the revolver and shot a round throught the end of her flipflop about a half inch from her middle toe. She had powderburns on her foot.
    Not to mention that it is a paper target only range and they had bottles, clays, cans and other trash to shoot at. That bullet could have hit anyone. I called the parks dept as soon as I got in phone range.
    That is the second time I have seen complete stupidity on display at that gun range. That was my last trip.
    Reminds me of a kid in our town. They decided mixing marijuana and beer with firearms was an outstanding idea long story short. The dumb ass blew a hole through the middle of his hand with the 45 he was shooting, now he has a huge hole in his hand.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast