The World' Largest Army - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The World' Largest Army

I cannot see that there would ever be a direct ground war against the US, way to many weapons in peoples hands, invading armys know this, thats why they would have to get though our army, air force, navy, and marines first

To reply to Deadscott, I know for a fact, that myself and my family would join together and fight to the end. I will never run Together with my family and close friends we would only have about 30 people combine that with all our Military Training our stash of Weapons & Ammo we could and will DEFEND what is ours.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    There are indeed a lot of hunters ... but that's not an army. It's just a lot of guys with a rifle. I don't mean to be the party pooper here but there's a reason soldiers do some training (say infantry tactics, shoot and move).

I would agree that those folks would be hugely inconvenient if they wanted to be.

Very true, however if I remember my history class, this country was founded by farmers/hunters with firearms.

5. i'd bet 1/2 those people with guns,have some military experance

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxx3500 View Post
    i'd bet 1/2 those people with guns,have some military experance
    I doubt it. But if they did have "military experience", just what kind of military experience would make any difference?
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

I am sitting here reading all this stuff. Ok I am a older man, and I know I wouldn't be able to go out and be a army boy and do all the things they do.

I was wondering one thing. After watching the news with all these modern laser guided bombs, I guess they could hit a enemy ship pretty easy flying way up there in a stealthy plane. I am sure the wars as we knew them in the past would be quite different today

We wouldn't be having all the invasions on the beachhead like before

It would be hard to imagine our aircraft of today raking the beachhead. Look at Kuwait and remember that we killed over 100,000 people that were leaving the city and never even broke a sweat.

That is why missiles with atomic warheads would come into play
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

8. China has 3mil trained to kill. Hunters train to kill something thats not shooting back. Let's not get too comfortable thinking that we won't be tested on our own soil.

Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    Very true, however if I remember my history class, this country was founded by farmers/hunters with firearms.
    Yep. My relatives were farmers and farmers back then knew how to hunt things that could kill you. Japan never planned to invade the US mainland in WW II because of the armed Americans behind every blade of grass.

10. Good points and good people indeed. Hope we, as their decendents, can hold our own.

Quote Originally Posted by stihl007 View Post
    Good points and good people indeed. Hope we, as their decendents, can hold our own.
    I share your thought, but hope we won't have to find out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast