The World' Largest Army - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The World' Largest Army

It's even better. Here are some US firearm manufacturing statistics from 2010, taken from the various firearms companies reports to the federal government:
    Pistols of all calibers: 2,227,871
    Revolvers of all calibers: 546,918
    Rifles: 1,589,150
    Shotguns: 743,362
    Misc: 59,789
    TOTAL: 5,167,090
    Exported (all types): 169,963
    TOTAL REMAINING IN US HANDS: 4,997,127
    Folks, that means that last year almost five million new firearms went into the hands of the American Public.
    God Bless America!

I love it!!!

Any chance you could email this to me? [email protected]

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I have a question tho, with no mal-intent. Aside from the guys here, any guesses as to the percentage of hunters in the U.S. who do more than have an NRA membership when it comes to protecting the Bill of Rights? In other words, I wonder how many millions of them do NOTHING to help preserve our unique (but dwindling) freedoms? I'm sure the answer, if it was even obtainable, would be an eye opener.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

5. Quote Originally Posted by floridalee View Post
    It's even better. Here are some US firearm manufacturing statistics from 2010, taken from the various firearms companies reports to the federal government:
    Pistols of all calibers: 2,227,871
    Revolvers of all calibers: 546,918
    Rifles: 1,589,150
    Shotguns: 743,362
    Misc: 59,789
    TOTAL: 5,167,090
    Exported (all types): 169,963
    TOTAL REMAINING IN US HANDS: 4,997,127
    Folks, that means that last year almost five million new firearms went into the hands of the American Public.
    God Bless America!
    Unfortunately that does not equate to 5,167,090 individual owners. I think the number are much more favorable depending when they started the survey.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

I am former military, hunter, fisherman, outdoorsman and can shoot and move and as my favoriate flag says "Come and Take It". I am willing at my age to die to defend what this president hates "America".

7. Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    Very true, however if I remember my history class, this country was founded by farmers/hunters with firearms.
    True enough. That revolution started with our having a very small professional military and a lot of farmers/hunters. It ended with our having a much bigger professional army (i.e. newly trained farmers and hunters) and trained militias.

Statistics, schmatistics

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Unfortunately that does not equate to 5,167,090 individual owners. I think the number are much more favorable depending when they started the survey.
    Wooddoctor:
    Granted; however it does demonstrate that a significant percentage of our population has armed up and continues to do so.
    In my opinion and, I believe, in the opinion of countless others in this country, it is not foriegn invasion with which we have to be concerned - it is, instead, our own government that actively pursues an angenda that is in direct conflict with what most of us consider proper and common sense.
    As one responder already said - I am of the age where I would gladly sacrifice myself in order to promote a change back to the fundamentals that made our country great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234