The World' Largest Army
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The World' Largest Army

Thumbs up The World' Largest Army

The World's largest army... America 's hunters!

I had never thought about this.... A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin. Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran. More than in France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, All of whom have now returned home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that

The hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting-- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control. You want my What ?
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Thumbs up Economic impact of sport hunting

Not to mention the large positive economic impact that sport hunting has on our nation. Stimulate the economy, buy more guns. I works better than any "economic stimulis" program.

Army Size

I have read that there are an estimated 80,000,000 armed households in this country, If we presume two shooters in each household that is 160 million people under arms. In the American Revolution it has been estimated that only 3% of the populous took up arms, Using those same figures (grantedly leaving a lot to presumtion) it is possible that the citizen army could field close to 4.8 million really annoyed riflemen and women if a foreign force tried to enter the United States.

And those blue beanies make such lovely targets...

That was a great post. I never thought about it like that.Add 700,000 for New York State. Imagine if we could gather all the hunters in the US and convine on Washington DC to Remind our Government of our 2nd. Amendment Rights We The People, For The People

6. Has a United States President ever thought of that in our history? During both world wars was it in the back of the President's mind? If we're invaded, we still have an army of citizens.

Have the powerful anti-gun forces throughout the world ever thought of the mass amount of fire power American citizens could bring to bear in a moments notice? Would we? Would we mass in small groups ala Red Dawn? Or would we scatter like sheep caring only for our own?

A good topic for the poker game tonight. Thank you.
    Discussing Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law At www.armedbadger.com

Don`t forget Idaho, there are many thousands of people here that hunt or own many guns. Im not a hunter, but i own many guns and im still buying more.

8. +1.
    I don't hunt, but I got your back in Ohio.

I will never support the so called "sportsman's exception " to gun control. That's what pissed me off about the ATF shotgun study. I don't want a hunting gun, I want a gun that makes the neighborhood think twice about breaking into my house. Besides, my wife is vegetarian. No Bambi steaks at El casa XG.

When in the Army let's just say I knew all about the Soviet Threat and one thing we found out was the Russians said they would not have a ground attack on America due to the fact that they are Hill Billies and they all have guns.

Another threat that is always been there thanks to Klinton is the UN wants to have a gun ban in the USA as we are the only free nation with a lax gun control.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by Deadscott View Post
    Has a United States President ever thought of that in our history? During both world wars was it in the back of the President's mind? If we're invaded, we still have an army of citizens.

Have the powerful anti-gun forces throughout the world ever thought of the mass amount of fire power American citizens could bring to bear in a moments notice? Would we? Would we mass in small groups ala Red Dawn? Or would we scatter like sheep caring only for our own?

A good topic for the poker game tonight. Thank you.
    Please post a transcript of topic.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

And the "antis" say we no longer have a militia!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast