Burning of the American flag - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burning of the American flag

1. I agree we respect the flag but the law of free speach is what we fight for.

1) I would never disrespect the flag, but making such illegal would be against the principles that make this the greatest nation in the world.

2) Flying the flag upside down is a sign of distress. I can definitely understand why someone would do so given the state of affairs in the Republic today. With the White House occupied by Urkel the Quisling we are in deep distress.

3) On those days when the flag is to be displayed I fly the Gadsden Flag (the Flag of Resistance). I will revert to the Stars and Stripes when we no longer have a Dear Leader whose intent is to damage the Republic and destroy our freedom and prosperity.
    Better to perish in the struggle for freedom than live to see defeat. There ARE things to be feared more than death. The fyrd is a Constitutional imperative.

4. Is burning the flag insanity? Yes. Should it be illegal? IMO, no. I enjoy all of our rights (including 2nd amendment) followed to the the letter than what probably seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by revjen45 View Post
    1) I would never disrespect the flag, but making such illegal would be against the principles that make this the greatest nation in the world.

2) Flying the flag upside down is a sign of distress. I can definitely understand why someone would do so given the state of affairs in the Republic today. With the White House occupied by Urkel the Quisling we are in deep distress.

3) On those days when the flag is to be displayed I fly the Gadsden Flag (the Flag of Resistance). I will revert to the Stars and Stripes when we no longer have a Dear Leader whose intent is to damage the Republic and destroy our freedom and prosperity.
    I fly a 48 star flag to take care of #3. Hawaii wasn't a state when I was born.

I put in 20 years of my life defending the right of the people to bear arms as well as the right of free speech. I would expect burning the swastika to be illegal in Nazi Germany. Burning the flag is a right of free speech, and I don't want my country to be like Nazi Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45:207181
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    The flag is a symbol of our country and over the years, millions have made the ultimate sacrifice defending what it represents. Anyone who disrepects the flag is basically spitting on the gaves of everyone who has ever fought and died for this country.

However, the act of burning the flag (or stomping on it, spitting on it, flying it upside down or anything else that uber patriots consider disrespectful) harms no one. No one's life, liberty, or property is jeopardized as a result of flag desecration and for that reason, it should not be criminalized. Besides, how exactly does it benefit society to arrest a flag desecrator?
    This is a great post EXCEPT the part in red..... I highly disagree with that part..... That is just YOUR OPINION....., not a fact. I do , however, respect your right to have that opinion.
    Good one!

I fly my 13-star, 13-stripe flag on Independence Day, July 4th, every year. Other days I fly the 50-star flag.
    Charlie

If flag burning becomes illegal then I will be forced to stop burning my stash of U.N. flags.

Like I've said for awhile, just don't do it in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

11. Flag burning, bible burning, koran burning... They all have a goal of making people angry.
    I refuse to let myself be angered by people burning symbols. My anger is reserved for those people that are undermining the principles some of those symbols represent.
    I will worship no idols.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast