Nationwide Firearms Database Shot Down

Thread: Nationwide Firearms Database Shot Down

Nationwide Firearms Database Shot Down

WASHINGTON Collecting ballistic "fingerprints" from millions of new guns would create a database that would be too unreliable to be useful in solving gun crimes, a team of scientists said Wednesday

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...national/crime
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Bad idea, good outcome. Think about all the money that would have been spent to implement it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

YEAH!!! I'm very happy about this one - Spend the $ on actually putting BG's away - not on something that doesn't work.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

I am a bit confused. It appears to me that someone in our government might actually have some common sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to hear we had a positive outcome.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

confused

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I am a bit confused. It appears to me that someone in our government might actually have some common sense. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to hear we had a positive outcome.

Yes, that is something that don't not happen to often.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

It sounds like the report was written by people who actually know what they're talking about.

"Ballistics testing is only as useful as the number of images in the database," Sen. Herb Kohl, D-Wis., said while pushing for the database in 2002.

Actually, the opposite is true, Wednesday's report said. The larger the database, the more errors the computer will return.
    Neither Kohl nor other lawmakers who supported the database proposal had any immediate comment on Wednesday's report.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I would consider this as good news.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!