Knowing Your Invisible Line ~ When to draw your weapon. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Knowing Your Invisible Line ~ When to draw your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I believe pep talks and positive self talk can help anyone in multiple situations. I would be more thoughtful about telling someone to give up their defense because they motivate themselves.
    I agree Firefighterchen! Anyone that has never had to take a deep breath and give themselves a silent pep talk has either never been in a real life threatening jam OR they are just plain crazy! Fear is a normal reaction to danger and learning to control it effectively is a key element to surviving on the street.
    National Rifle Association
    Single Action Shooting Society

I agree Firefighterchen! Anyone that has never had to take a deep breath and give themselves a silent pep talk has either never been in a real life threatening jam OR they are just plain crazy! Fear is a normal reaction to danger and learning to control it effectively is a key element to surviving on the street.[/QUOTE]

Lol everyone has their ways, maybe willy doesn't need prep talks, which is fine, that doesn't make him crazy, or mean he hasn't been in situation fubar...to each his own

I give myself pep talks when I can before each patient I help, before each fire I respond too, but I wouldn't say I should put my boots in the closet and fight fire another day when I don't need the pep talks...

Again...to each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I agree Firefighterchen! Anyone that has never had to take a deep breath and give themselves a silent pep talk has either never been in a real life threatening jam OR they are just plain crazy! Fear is a normal reaction to danger and learning to control it effectively is a key element to surviving on the street.
    Lol everyone has their ways, maybe willy doesn't need prep talks, which is fine, that doesn't make him crazy, or mean he hasn't been in situation fubar...to each his own

I give myself pep talks when I can before each patient I help, before each fire I respond too, but I wouldn't say I should put my boots in the closet and fight fire another day when I don't need the pep talks...

Again...to each his own...[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply anything specifically about Willy. No doubt he's a good guy, afterall he likes firearms and is a member of this forum. In general terms I'll say that I've worked with a few guys in the military and law enforcement that talked big in garrison or at the station and when the kim chee hit the fan they were either no where to be found or they were taking unnecessary chances that I wanted no part of. Fear is a natural part of our "Fight or Flight" mechanism wired into our parasympathetic nervous systems. I believe that it's important to understand it and manage it and not let it manage you. As my FTO told me many years ago, pick your partners carefully as your life may depend on it. That includes the guy you look in the mirror everyday!
    National Rifle Association
    Single Action Shooting Society

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    legal but in country I have taken a few lives so my fear/reluctance to take a human life if necessary to do so to protect myself, my family, or someone in desperate need of help has left my a long time ago.
    IME people that make such claims are either sociopaths or full of ****, Just sayin'
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Common sense & shot placement. Works for me.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    IME people that make such claims are either sociopaths or full of ****, Just sayin'
    hahaha oh Treo. Im neither one of those things. See there are these things called wars that happen sometimes and brave Men willing to put their lives on the line to protect your freedoms you cherish so dearly(you're welcome by the way). I happen to have been one of those men, but it just so happened that the other country also had brave men that were fighting for their cause as well. Now both men fire guns at each other and sometimes the bullets hit the man and he dies.. Listen smart ***, all I was saying is I have had to kill another human being so I know what its like on the other side of the line the poster is talking about. I can be confident that in a situation I will have no problem doing it again if absolutely necessary to protect me and my own. Id sure hate to be one of those people to have a gun at home but end up getting killed or raped anyways because they're too afraid to take a precious human life. Just sayin'

hahaha oh Treo. Im neither one of those things. See there are these things called wars that happen sometimes and brave Men willing to put their lives on the line to protect your freedoms you cherish so dearly(you're welcome by the way). I happen to have been one of those men, but it just so happened that the other country also had brave men that were fighting for their cause as well. Now both men fire guns at each other and sometimes the bullets hit the man and he dies.. Listen smart ***, all I was saying is I have had to kill another human being so I know what its like on the other side of the line the poster is talking about. I can be confident that in a situation I will have no problem doing it again if absolutely necessary to protect me and my own. Id sure hate to be one of those people to have a gun at home but end up getting killed or raped anyways because they're too afraid to take a precious human life. Just sayin'
    Cool, now post a photo of you "in country"
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    well since i cant here because there is no url to pics on my computer.. ill pm them to you so u will stfu

10. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    i cant attach photos to the site so i made one my profile pic. so can you stop whining now?

i cant attach photos to the site so i made one my profile pic. so can you stop whining now?
    Fair is Fair TL has posted a pic that I accept as being of him and taken in Iraq. I withdraw my earlier implication

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234