Would/Should you provide medical care to someone you shoot? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would/Should you provide medical care to someone you shoot?

No Way, they'll either try to kill you again, or if you did save their life they'll sue you and most likely win just because you tried to be the "good guy" to the BAD GUY. Don't forget this is the person who just tried to end your life!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Yeah - the answer to that is "no" for all the reasons above.

And while the PC thing to say is "shoot to stop not to kill" - I'm calling BS on that. A lot of s*** has to go bad before I'm forced to draw and fire. So if I get to that point, I'm not going to be polite about it. I want to put as many holes as possible into the bad guy, then find cover/concealment, reload, and make sure I'm safe. THEN call 911.

With a mag full of .45acp 185gr +P Golden Sabers in the bad guy's center mass...I think medical help would be a moot point.
    Don't forget one to the head as well work wonders!! Well said
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Gain View Post
    Yeah - the answer to that is "no" for all the reasons above.

And while the PC thing to say is "shoot to stop not to kill" - I'm calling BS on that. A lot of s*** has to go bad before I'm forced to draw and fire. So if I get to that point, I'm not going to be polite about it. I want to put as many holes as possible into the bad guy, then find cover/concealment, reload, and make sure I'm safe. THEN call 911.

With a mag full of .45acp 185gr +P Golden Sabers in the bad guy's center mass...I think medical help would be a moot point.
    A hearty AMEN to that. I think the terms "stop the threat" or "shoot to stop not to kill" can mean very different things depending on the individual. By the time I am finished doing the job I was forced into doing, medical attention will be the last thing needed.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

1. Reload
    2. Call the Morgue & Police, EMS not needed.
    3. Perp. tried to kill me, he is dead not wounded
    4. Nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes:207940
    I think we all agree that IF we have to shoot for our safety we are shooting to stop the threat and not to kill the person.

My wife is an EMT and she carries (when she's off duty). My question is, if you had the first aid training, would you provide care to the person that you shot?

Thanks for your input
    If I shot a BG and he was still alive but badly bleeding. I would most definately apply generous amounts of pressure to the wound, with either my boot or knee or even an elbow, to help stop the bleeding of course.....

7. Minnesota has a Duty to Render Aid to Shooting Victim Statute.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.662

This statute includes duty of a witness to render aid or face charges.

Additional Note:
    Defense. It is an affirmative defense to a charge under this section if the defendant proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant failed to investigate or render assistance as required under this section because the defendant reasonably perceived that these actions could not be taken without a significant risk of bodily harm to the defendant or others.
    Last edited by Sonic; 06-21-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Add Defense Note

No,I would gather as much Intell as I could pertaining to the situation, then I would wait for LEO's to sign a complaint

Its easy to stop the flow of blood from a safe distance ....just sayin.
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    I think we all agree that IF we have to shoot for our safety we are shooting to stop the threat and not to kill the person.

My wife is an EMT and she carries (when she's off duty). My question is, if you had the first aid training, would you provide care to the person that you shot?

Thanks for your input
    Nope, some of us don't agree. If I had to shoot anyone, the only thing needed thereafter would be a body bag.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

If I didn't shoot the BG dead I guess I could throw him a towel.
    Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast