Would/Should you provide medical care to someone you shoot? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Would/Should you provide medical care to someone you shoot?

1. I definitely agree with you Philip. If it's gotten so bad that I've got to draw then it's going to be ugly for the bad guy. I will have already done everything else to not get to that point.

3. For me it's not that human life means little to me so I have no problem killing someone. It's just that with taking reality or what it is if I have to draw that's it. It is always the last resort. I don't want to kill anyone either but it is what it is.

I think he was referring to his medical training. At least that's what i was referring to lolol :) :) Obligation to help someone is also a personal choice though...but medically there is nothing that will get him in trouble if he doesn't do anything off duty.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    .... ONLY draw back in my mind is the clean up afterword.
    Dude - that's when you call Stanley Steemer. Or Servpro.
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I'm not saying I disagree with anything said here, but I will say that I hope none of anyone's potential prosecuting attorneys read this thread, 'cause there are some seriously damaging statements here.
    I appreciate your position. It's more politically correct to say "shoot to stop the threat" vs "shoot to kill." But it's a LONG damn way from "I'm willing to kill another person to defend my life and the lives of my family" (which is exactly what everyong here is saying) .... vs "I intend to kill (insert victim name here)." I refuse to live in fear due to the off chance of being victimized by an overzealous prosecutor or plaintiff.

Major L. Caudill (USMC retired) wrote: "When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid."

What good is it to exercise my 2nd amendment right, if I have to STFU and let an overly-litigious society deny me my 1st amendment right??
    S&W M&P 45; Ruger GP100 .357 Magnum; Charter Arms .38 Undercover
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/members/phillip-gain-albums-phil-s-photos-picture3828-reciprocity-map-29jun11.JPG

7. Quote Originally Posted by dkahrig View Post
    Try to kill me? I don't shoot hundreds of rounds to shoot at someone. I shoot all those rounds to properly defend myself against unavoidable danger to myself and my family. If someone breaks into my house with a gun and proceeds to attack anyone in my house I willexercise the castle doctrine in ohio and I will remove the threat. I will shoot to kill not disable. A fallen criminal can still fire a weapon why chance your childz life or your own? KILL SHOT!!!!
    Where does it say "stop" = disable? If the f*cker dies, that's his problem.
    Μολών Λαβέ

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

8. Being taught to shoot to stop the threat, if he is still alive and in need of medical care I am not going to put myself back in danger by trying to help him live.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789