found guilty tonight for 13a-11-52 - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: found guilty tonight for 13a-11-52

1. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without a major credit card, fanny pack, or tactical boots from 5.11 tactical.com, did you lack anything?"

"Nothing," they answered.

And Jesus said, "But now if you have a major credit card, take it, and also a CCW Badge, and if you don't have a CCW Badge, sell your leather jacket and use your major

credit card to purchace a CCW Badge from ccw

badges.com
    ."

And then one of his followers from the state of Alabama asked, "My Lord, if Alabama
    passes constitutional carry, we won't need no stinkin badges."
    Gulf.....you are a mess .....maybe some range time will help.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post

Gulf.....you are a mess .....maybe some range time will help.
    I agree, I could always use more range time. The price of ammo and gas does kinda put a damper on things though. In the mean time I am in the process of setting up a backyard range setup for shooting my Crossman T4 air pistol. BB's and pellets are a lot cheaper than centerfire ammo.

On the other hand, I think you and some of the other posters here need to work on y'all's sences of humor.

4. Sorry guys, I just stumbled across this post. I probable started it very late one night because I dont remember doing it. It would be best to just give the link thanks for all of the support.
    Jacksonville

Come to the state wide meeting.
    Tentative Plans For The 2nd Statewide Meetup

on this subject i thought i might ask lets say you are seen in public and someone somehow sees your weapon and calls the police, when the police arrives what will they do?

6. Oh man! Glad to hear its getting done but dude sorry it had to be you to get it done! My prayers are with you.

I always enjoy it when scripture is accurately quoted. I don't enjoy it when folks put bogus comments in the Lord's mouth.
    In order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive.

Murphy's Law is still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    I always enjoy it when scripture is accurately quoted. I don't enjoy it when folks put bogus comments in the Lord's mouth.
    Look at it this way, we were made in gods image and most humans have a sense of humor, safe to say he does too. He knows we all know that isnt the actual scripture and no ones actually trying to misquote the bible. Relax, it was just some tongue in cheek humor.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

9. ShortBus has been getting a lot of moral support and assistance from Alabama Open Carry members. Besides the major flaws with his arrest, there are also great big problems in the law.

The law used for his arrest (13A-11-52) starts with an exception clause, "Except as otherwise provided in this article,...". Another law (13A-11-73) allows for those with concealed carry licenses to carry a pistol. But, in between these two, Alabama law has 13A-11-55. The first part of that law reads "In an indictment for carrying weapons unlawfully, it is sufficient to charge that the defendant carried concealed about his person, a pistol or other description of firearms, on premises not his own..."! Section -52 states "no person is allowed to carry a pistol on premises not his own or under his control" while -55 makes it plain it only refers to CONCEALED CARRY and -73 allows concealed carry with a license.

Also, Alabama law 13A-5-4 says that every offense, whether a violation, misdemeanor or felony will list its offense (by name or penalty). The concealed carry offense (13A-11-50) lists the penalty as between $50-$500 or up to 6 months in jail or hard labor. Neither 13A-11-52, 13A-11-55 and 13A-11-73 are listed as chargeable violations but are simply further definitions of the concealed carry law.

And, YES, we want and are working toward constitutional carry. Because it was a slave state, concealed carry has been on our law books since 1819 when AL became a state. Our concealed carry law, about carrying in a vehicle, was the result of the Montgomery Bus Boycotts in 1956. Like most locations in the US, our gun laws are mostly the result of racism.

It very well may be that the judge is trying to get the laws cleared up and using this case to do it. After his arrest, myself and two other ALOC members went to Jacksonville and gave the mayor, the DA and the Police Chief a list of laws, Attorney General Opinions and court cases testifying to the fact that OC is legal. But, they proceeded with the case and found ShortBus guilty. So, we are still working on this case. Keep your eyes and ears open for more info.

Thanks to everyone at USA Carry for your support.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234