I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back

Sounds pretty nice. I was wondering what it takes to start a range, indoor or outdoor. The guy I work for asked me and I really didn't have any idea.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I put one together on my backlot.I live in a rural area.I have neighbors,but I have talked to them and they don't care if I go out and play.I stacked up tires and filled them with sand.
    I would say,safety is the first and foremost concern. Then check out the city and county ordinances to see if they prohibit it. Then check with your neighborhood ass. and/or with your closest neighbors to see if it would bother them.
    :icon_wink:
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Exclamation We rebuilt the berm last weekend!

My buddy brought over his tractor and we rebuilt the target pit and the berm. It now has approximately 2x the mass as it did before and it has a much broader profile. Good times!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Congrats! A pistol range out back would be awesome! Please post pics when you get them.

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

It's been over nine months now. How's it coming along?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Lets see some PICS! I think this is awesome
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Here is what round one looked like

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Photos didn't take
    more to come sorry fellas.
    Last edited by festus; 12-22-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Sounds good festus! Because of the snow over here My project came to a hault.....for now. Hope to finish in the spring. No problems here in NH to shoot in Your back yard. I already got ahold of Fish/Game. There is no law in NH that You must post signs around the perimeter of Your property BUT it is a good idea that You do. I'm not going to get into it again because it has already been posted on here.
    I still have to go another 5' higher on mine and finish off the sides to make the "U". My signs will say..."KEEP OUT / SHOOTING AREA". As You said, "no range fee's", is a plus in my book! For those who have not seen My photo's, check out the "NH" thread, Backyard Shooting.
    festus.....we need photo's!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Photos didn't take
    more to come sorry fellas.
    Stop doing this to us already. We wanna see, darnit!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Stop doing this to us already. We wanna see, darnit!
    AMEN!!!! haha lets get those photos!
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast