I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back

Cool I Am Building A 25M Rrange Out Back

My sons and I are building a 25M range out back with assistance from the local sheriff's office for requirements to produce an adequate backstop. This is the best! No Range Fees!!!!!
    Last edited by festus; 03-07-2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. Talking

Where and when as the party.

If I ever get to Flordia may I come and shoot?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Talking certainly

In the words of Curly....soitinly nuk...nuk...nuk...
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Congratulations on your new range.
    An armed society is a polite society.

I may have to make a trip up to the panhandle! lol Congrats on the range!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I've built 2

One at this place which I did over 30 years ago, RR ties stacked in a V shape and with a roof of RR ties, Boiler plate at 30 degrees, backed up with a heap of dirt. N limited to a max of 75 yards is the pistol range.

At the Farm I have a big heap of dirt from the pond I dug, piled about 15' high X 40' long and 20' deep in a U shape with a vertical face, up against the wood line, now that one is at the back of my hay field so I can drive right up to it for pistol or drop back to the barn for a 400 yard shot. Is seeded it with a quick growing grass to help stabilize the soil.

I have found one of those nice cheap portable shade tents over my shooting bench makes it more pleasant on a hot day.

Also helped to do the one at our sportsman club, we developed this neat trick for a target stand, it involves some 1 1/2" PVC T's, end caps, nuts N bolts, N some 1X1 for verticals to fasten some cardboard to, makes a quick easy target stand that can be easily repaired, maintained, and is very durable and can be left outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Also helped to do the one at our sportsman club, we developed this neat trick for a target stand, it involves some 1 1/2" PVC T's, end caps, nuts N bolts, N some 1X1 for verticals to fasten some cardboard to, makes a quick easy target stand that can be easily repaired, maintained, and is very durable and can be left outside.

Would LOVE to see what this looks like!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Hell, I think you should save a little work for us to do on the last Sunday and I know I would come and pitch in. I'd even donate a few bucks.

Of course this is would have to come after I recover from my accident. I can pull the trigger but, I can't cock my M&P right now. This sucks.

Gimme a week and I'll be there! ;)
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Congrats on the range. I have a place a bulldozer pushed up in my pasture I use sometimes, but I have neighbors fairly close on the sides and I hate to disturb them so I don't shoot as often as I like.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast